test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interaction with other players

antonio#4298 antonio Member Posts: 40 Arc User
Hello everyone! I am quite new in this game... I just reached a rank of captain. I already got used to many elements of the game and I enjoy playing it. However, a lot of elements in the game are still a mystery for me. One of these elements is interaction with other players. None of my real life friends play STO, so I am alone in the universe :)) But there are other players, I often see them running around on different stations etc.. But how to interact with them? How to play together? How to become in-game friends and make playing experience more interesting? I used to try it by coming to another player on some station for example and try chatting (however, chat in that game also looks confusing to me), but those people usually don't respond. Actually, they don't even move. Others run around and it's impossible to catch them. So, what are your advices? Where people gather and so on?

Comments

• cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    Fleets are a good place to start.

But, the best question is "What do I really want to do?" - there are loads of communities in this game, and knowing what you want to do will mean you can find groups who also want to do that.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    the number of group activities goes way up in the 40s and 50s. There are a few before that -- but some of those need you to be in a fleet to do them (fleet alerts). So, as said, ... 3 things you can do...
    - join a fleet
    - hang out on the social zones (major starbases/planets)
    - do random groups as you unlock those missions.
    - another is pvp, though that might be best left alone until 60.