test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please revamp pvp!!!

cptmorgoncptmorgon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I started playing this game right at the very beginning... it was not perfect... had its bugs etc... lacked content... but at least it had active pvp... in fact when I could, I played a Klingon because they leveled in pvp... was a great idea I thought... they were more warlike than the Fed's so why not have a pvp faction... I took a lot of pride in pvp... was good at it... but soon pvp was broken... too many things broke any possibility of balance in the game... too many items that you "need" to be competitive.... people forking out big bucks or millions of credits to get a bug ship... or buying lower tier ships to get some console or other that makes the ship more powerful... and then the company would change things that would break pvp to bits.... So many games out there are able to maintain a balance between new content, new gear, and yet not break pvp... what happened here Cryptic... ugh... so disappointing...! I love Star Trek... I don't begrudge those who want to only PvE.... fine with me.... but a Trek game with good pvp would be soooo awesome!

So many ideas hatched and talked about in interviews or in the forums... and I don't know if any of those early thoughts and ideas ever came to fruition.

PW bought the company and we were told that their games all have pvp so STO would be focusing some energy on pvp... But never happened... just really depressing... I mean how many new ships do we need... how many mini games.... like doffs, and the other new one where you send your other ships out... but without pvp what is really the point in constantly trying to improve... the only thing we can do is to replay existing content while we wait for more new content... seems if pvp was viable, it would give a lot of us something to enjoy in the interim between content updates....

Oh well... sorry guys... really want to play this game but it just seems to have no point at all... just rehash the same content over and over... and grind out another new faction ... ugh... grinding faction stinks... grinding dilithium stinks... But, if there was some reason to be motivated to do those things .... like a good viable pvp system, it might be worthwhile.....

ok I'm done .... would love other input...

Comments

• Options
    baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    We feel for ya. We've been saying this for years. They'll figure it out eventually.
  • Options
    I don't follow.
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    They've already figured out that they don't care for or need pvp in this game.
  • Options
    cptmorgoncptmorgon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Makes me sad that I need to think about other space games to get decent pvp... star wars the old republic has screwed up space pvp too... the 2 most iconic franchises somehow can't get space pvp right. Wish I found Eve when it was still a new game.
  • Options
    I mean I rather enjoy space PvP in SWTOR, the omni-directional piloting is refreshing. If you are looking for something that's entirely based on that, PWE has Star Conflict (if you decide to trust them again). Now, if you want more 2-dimensional naval ship battles, World of Warships I believe should satisfy. If you simply just want vehicle combat, World of Tanks. There are so many games out there that are just "game plus", having what STO has except more. Take your pick.
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    At this point it's safe to assume PvP is never going to be touched again in STO.
    How long has it been? I guess 1 year since i deinstalled STO and seeing the forums it's same old-same old just with less familiar nicknames.

Anyway, in direct contrast to STO where community feedback is ignored or even countered, here is my Battlefield 4 retrospective, game that has improved dramatically since launch based on community feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhNuxHHMJkU

enjoy and keep on gaming.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    PvP Revamp went from "we're working on it", to "comming soon", to "never going to happen".

The funny thing is that the persistent battlezone maps were born out of a PvP revamp idea.