test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Vo'Quv

qqafgqegqe4agqqafgqegqe4ag Member Posts: 153 Arc User
So, anyone think we'll actually ever see a T6 Vo'Quv, or something comparable?

I loved that thing, loved it more at T5U. It was like flying a space station.

Now though, it feels like the T6 options are just starting to simply outclass it. I'd love to see an updated version.

Comments

• Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I would absolutely love to see this. The differences in Boff and console layouts between the T6 KDf flagships and their Starfleet equivalents lends me confidence that a T6 V'quv would truly be an update of the old ship, and not just a carbon copy of the (uninspiring) Jupiter class.

I've had a lot of fun in recent months just seeing how much of a monster the T5-U Fleet Vo'quv, which is a pretty old design in the way that MMO development cycles measure time, can become when it has newer Captain abilities, gear, and traits slotted in. A Tier 6 carrier that retains the old Vo'quv's well roundedness could be a beautiful beast.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    one could hope but I wouldn't count on it we only get ships when feds get one and they got a t 6 carrier... though I buy it in a heartbeat.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    one could hope but I wouldn't count on it we only get ships when feds get one and they got a t 6 carrier... though I buy it in a heartbeat.

I agree, only when the Federation players get a ship, Klingon/Romulan players are thrown the left overs. Supposedly, their is a small playerbase of Klingon players (that's what warrants the lack of unique ships).

Finally, am I the only person that's sick of the Klingon players having so many battlecruiser's?
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    It's not that bad at all - we've had a pretty even mix of Raptors / Battlecruisers since DR, in fact it was bang on 50:50 before the Flagships were released:

Cruisers - Qib, Command Cruisers x3, Kurak, Negh'Tev
    Raptors - Mat'ha, Pilot Raptors x3, Qa'tel, Duv'qu
    Outliers - the Kor and the Nausicaan destroyer.

So even with the flagships, BCs are about 50% of the KDF releases since Delta Rising. Compare that with the release rate from 2012-2014, the KDF is actually doing pretty well since DR...
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    staq16 wrote: »
    Compare that with the release rate from 2012-2014, the KDF is actually doing pretty well since DR...
    Haha! That release rate in between the 2012 released Bortasqu' and late 2014 Delta Rising release of the Matha Raptor & Qib Intel Battlecruiser? Zero! That 2 year gap saw the KDF get all of ZERO new ships in between 2012 and 2014.

The KDF is still reaping the benefits of this neglect. There are swathes of low tier KDF ships that never got a T5 C-Store release, much less T6. The Marauder to this date still doesn't have a Fleet version at T5, much less any T6 version.

You look on the Fed ship list, there's a C-Store and corresponding Fleet version of most of their ships.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    staq16 wrote: »
    Compare that with the release rate from 2012-2014, the KDF is actually doing pretty well since DR...
    Haha! That release rate in between the 2012 released Bortasqu' and late 2014 Delta Rising release of the Matha Raptor & Qib Intel Battlecruiser? Zero! That 2 year gap saw the KDF get all of ZERO new ships in between 2012 and 2014.

Facts, please sirrah... the Kamarag, Pegh'qu, Mogh and 4-ship Dyson line were all in that window. Not good but not zero either :). Of course, like most of the more recent ships, they were all released alongside their Fed counterparts.

The KDF is still reaping the benefits of this neglect. There are swathes of low tier KDF ships that never got a T5 C-Store release, much less T6. The Marauder to this date still doesn't have a Fleet version at T5, much less any T6 version.

You look on the Fed ship list, there's a C-Store and corresponding Fleet version of most of their ships.

Not really - only the iconic ones. The oddity here is we never got a C-store Negh'var and for some wierd reason the Vor'cha got moved...
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ataloss wrote: »
    nightken wrote: »

I agree, only when the Federation players get a ship, Klingon/Romulan players are thrown the left overs. Supposedly, their is a small playerbase of Klingon players (that's what warrants the lack of unique ships).

Finally, am I the only person that's sick of the Klingon players having so many battlecruiser's?

I'm pretty except for 1 or 2 ships each we all want more of the other ship types.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    It's weird, really. I'd always assumed that the major part of a new ship was the design and model, and Cryptic have turned out a steady trickle of these (even in the 2012-14 "dead zone"). And yet, with the exceptions of the Qib and Mat'ha, every one since the start of 2012 is clearly paired against its Fed "oppo". My real beef is that they didn't do more to differentiate the ships that have been released. Hence my vague hope that the T6 carrier ends up Eng / Intel as opposed to Sci / Command.