test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you ever feel like our Captians are bloodthirsty Warlords?

13»

Comments

• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    nikeix wrote: »
    Its just that killing things and taking their stuff is the main gameplay mechanism of STO.
    Fixed for you. We don't take their stuff. They don't have any stuff to take. They drop random things that bear no relationship to anything they could possibly have been using as their stuff, and that stuff is worthless and left to rot on the space-floor. This is a critical missing component in the game now, the part where we take stuff, let alone THEIR stuff.

Jokes aside I actually fully agree with this. I would like to see NPCs dropping thematic related loot. For example, Fed Redshirt NPCs dropping Fed Body Armor and Stun Pistol Phasers, Klingon BoP NPCs dropping Disruptor Dual Cannons, Iconian NPCs dropping Herald AP Beams (common quality if people are worried about us getting too valuable items from loot).

Its frankly silly when Feds drop plasma weapons, or Tholians drop Banana Pancakes, etc. Its all vendortrash anyway, so why not make it something remotely related instead of some silly random nonsense.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    If my main could have it her way, she would avoid conflict with her tact and diplomacy, instead we are in a position where her choices matter so little that they do not count of anything. so being a heroic mass murderer is part of a parcel for the game.

other characters i have wouldn't need a justification to attack, they would just attack. others could tell an attack is going to happen by experience when they know diplomacy was never an issue.

again, thats the way it is designed, and it would be great every once in a while you didn't need to kill everything just for some "excitement", a strong story written dialogue with some cutscenes and choices mattering will dictate the course of actions. be as it is, it is what we have to deal with when playing the game.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    Being KDF this isn't an issue.

Early Starfleet missions (pre-PWE) left a lot to be desired, and had more than a few "What the Hell?!?" moments (Divide et Impera anyone?). There are still several out there.

Most people, in my opinion, came to STO to be Captain Kirk rather than Picard. I would rather be General Chang than Chancellor Gorkon myself (shoot stuff as opposed to talk the monster to death or sniff rocks).

The only ones I can talk to are the loot critters, and even then, the dialog is elusive...
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    So for any not knowing what I mean it seems the running gag in STO is "We come in peace! Set phasers to kill!" And our standard space greeting seems to be a Torpedo aimed for the other ship's Bridge.

Am I the only one noticing this? Cause even on peaceful missions we seem to gank some poor fool! And I feel like the solution to this is that on ground mission starts you simply get a prompt telling your away team to set weapons to maximum stun or kill. In space it would be trickier but I think it could be possible to disable ships.

Try other MMOs like Eve online. You can be an explorer there but not sure if you will eventually kill anyone. What else is out there from a "peaceful" MMO...Club Penguin? perhaps
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    So for any not knowing what I mean it seems the running gag in STO is "We come in peace! Set phasers to kill!" And our standard space greeting seems to be a Torpedo aimed for the other ship's Bridge.

Am I the only one noticing this? Cause even on peaceful missions we seem to gank some poor fool! And I feel like the solution to this is that on ground mission starts you simply get a prompt telling your away team to set weapons to maximum stun or kill. In space it would be trickier but I think it could be possible to disable ships.
    Try other MMOs like Eve online. You can be an explorer there but not sure if you will eventually kill anyone. What else is out there from a "peaceful" MMO...Club Penguin? perhaps
    you can explore... but that's like being a tuna in an ocean of sharks....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Well there is Earth and Beyond Emulator. It has an actual exploration xp system, but it also is very combat oriented.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

yeah.. like that will happen, exploration, hah!
    gate campers waiting to gank anyone stepping through, youd have better chance of winning the lottery then trying to get away from the gankers camping the gate.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.