test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Dream Ship: Tal Shiar Adapted Deadnought

2»

Comments

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I don't think we have a dreadnought that does not have a hanger-bay on it, as such I don't think they would change that unless honestly this would have more weapon slots than any other dreadnought, though I kinda wonder if it might have a unique lance-like weapon system maybe even a torpedo-based version of the lance weapon system other Dreadnoughts use.

I agree though as I would rather see fighters/pets be more of a adapted carrier design elements, and having them being drones that once they hit low hp they will suicide run into the nearest or main target of the carrier an impale themselves into it dealing damage. Though I could also see it that maybe the hanger-[ets gain a adapting buff that improves thier overall offensive an defensive capabilities the long they an their mother-ship are fighting a target gaining more intel to adapt their fighting system an weapon by. Have this being base-line with the carrier yet having it improved by the three piece maybe of the adapted set from the Tal shiar adapted ships.
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Might sound weird I think another interesting idea for a activated set bonus ability would be a "release dominating nanites" that would release re-programed Borg nanites that infect an have a chance to alter the targeting systems of enemy ships within range to fire upon their allies, with the chance for the ship to turn on their allies being based on a base chance increased/decreased by the size/type of the ship as well as based on how long they have been in the range of the ship deploying the nanites.

doesn't the TSABC have that already?

LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
    aliguana wrote: »
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Might sound weird I think another interesting idea for a activated set bonus ability would be a "release dominating nanites" that would release re-programed Borg nanites that infect an have a chance to alter the targeting systems of enemy ships within range to fire upon their allies, with the chance for the ship to turn on their allies being based on a base chance increased/decreased by the size/type of the ship as well as based on how long they have been in the range of the ship deploying the nanites.

doesn't the TSABC have that already?

Yeah had to go re look at the ships it basically is that, but I have not used my adapted battle cruiser in awhile,
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I agree fully with this idea, but the Tal'Shiar uniforms need to be fixed/completed....it's been almost 3 years. :'(
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    aliguana wrote: »
    yay, yay and thrice yay. The Tal Shiar ships are my favourite in the whole game. almost everything was right on them, from looks to slots to bridges. A T6 Romulan Tal Shiar Science Dreadnought would be worth 10 flagships :D
    ^this... and I dont even own one of the existing hideously priced ships!!

now for reality however....
    1)The Tal Shiar is a shadow of its former power by 2410 and has lost the support of what remains of the RSE. They likely have a hard time maintaining and replacing stock Imperial Warbird designs let alone fishing for borg tech to make existing Adapted vessels or a new class
    2)The Star Empire's remnants are (theoretically) worse off than the Tal Shiar at this point. Remember they could only provide their "Empress" with 1 mogai and a modified transport.
    3)The Republic wouldn't touch these things with a 10 light year pole. Their feddiebear masters told them Borg tech is far too dangerous to play with.

so who would make these badasses???

As a side note, I think many might prefer they have Singularity Cores. I know many have voiced their mild irritation that the existing vessels mount antimatter and were not given a retrofit to Sing Cores or the option to mound Sing Cores. (yes I understand full well why they dont from mechanical perspective)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    so who would make these badasses???

The good news is canonically, they MAKE THEMSELVES. You just have to dump a ship in the front hopper of the borgitronic splendiferizing modichutinator (treknical terminology...) and a few days later a spikey horror of gleeful violence plops out the other end :sunglasses:.
    As a side note, I think many might prefer they have Singularity Cores. I know many have voiced their mild irritation that the existing vessels mount antimatter and were not given a retrofit to Sing Cores or the option to mound Sing Cores. (yes I understand full well why they dont from mechanical perspective)

Being introduced after singularity cores became a thing, I could certainly see it. The set bonuses would just need to be adjusted to recognize either a warp core or a singularity core (tech that is now well established in the engine).

And after playing the 1,000-day veteran ships for a while I have just TWO WORDS to say about the T6 Tal Shiar Adapted Science Dreadnought's special console/skill...

SHRAPNEL LOTUS!!!

What if it were not from this Universe, but the mirror universe? Might have been that the mirror Tal'shiar were doing the same thing, but this time no one stopped them an so they kept going developing it further. Even could be something from groups within the terran empire that were working on the idea in their universe prior to the war.

Personally would rather see it be a console or the dreadnought have a torpedo-variant of the lance weapon some other dreads have. Like it launches a nano-spear torpedo at a main target, than it splinters at it hits the main target an deals damage to targets near it, while also maybe degrading both the shield an hull strength of those hit.
  • daiphdaiph Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I'd say the Tal Shiar could probably build it themselves, possibly with some minor tech bonus from one of their other new allies (Hirogen?) thrown on to the boat as well. Pretty much any war that turned into an arms race always had 'something' (or somethings) in development in the closing moments of said wars. With that in mind, there's no way the Tal Shiar wouldn't be pushing for the next step to help 'reassert their dominance' even with a limited number of scientists or engineers on hand to do the actual work required.

Frankly, I hate Sing cores. They're underpowered and the Singularity Powers are all but useless. If those Singularity powers were directly impacted by skill levels (even if it were to a lesser degree than actual boff/toon abilities) then I could see an argument for them. I realise it's probably down to the chronological release of game development rather than actual in game mechanics, but there's a reason the 29th century time ships and the Tal Shiar Adapted (so, probably the Borg too) use M/AM cores; they don't suck (layers! ;) )
    What everyone buying Zen are really saying while all these bugs are still floating freely:
    qHiCsi6.gif
    Stop new content until quality returns
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    yeah its more to do with them predating LoR than any in universe reasoning. I love sing core powers, didn't care for the stealth nerf my Sing Jump got a while ago, now its practically useless but quantum absorption and the overcharge my guns powers are quite nice imo
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.