test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs, ship slot for ship consoles. plz

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I propose that all T6 ships get a single console slot for ship consoles. Most T6 ships come with a ship console and they have to change their eng, sci, tact console build to use them.

If it is any ship console that can be used on that ship or ship class, I think it should be slotted in this special slot just for it. This would still require the use of other eng, sci, tact slots when going for set bonus of multiple ship consoles, 2, 3, and 4 set bonuses.

I think this is a fair balance and would make for some more interesting diversity in ship play and ship sales.

Ship would be more unique in play style, and you don't see too many using ship consoles in sto, except for a few ship consoles like the valdore.

Since T6 ships all come with a ship console, shouldn't this be fair to others T6 ships?

Just my thinking here.

Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    Hows does this conflict with aesthetics? and being saddled with consoles?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ah. Are you saying it should accept any ship console for that ship or class, not just the one that came with the ship? Yeah I should probably clarify that. Ok I updated it.
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    We already have 11 slots.

Choose wisely.

That we have to make hard choices is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Not really an argument.
    Choice is my point. Buff these ship consoles so people might want to use them. Or if not buffed, make this special slot allowing for the use of a single ship console without interfering with the rest of the build.

If someone wants set bonus from multiple ship consoles, then they have to start using their other 11 slots.

As they stand right now these ship consoles seem more like gimmicks. I really want them to be a useful option.

Plus there can be an additional balance if the console is OP. Take for example, the Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator (valdore). Make sure it can not go in this special slot unless it is the valdore ship. This would give effectively an extra slot for using it with the valdore over another rom ship.
    Post edited by tinkerbelch on
  • Options
    Thank you for that link.