test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Set Appearance options suggestion.

I think that ship appearance modifications should save to a character once acquired rather than being connected to a specific piece that must remain equipped.

Just like character outfits, there should be a menu to use all your ship appearance options regardless of the items equipped.

It's just too bad to have some cool looking ship appearance that you can't use due to bad stats on the items. I think that problem could be fixed, don't you?
"Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
-3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This was asked for since the day we got the first appearance changing shields and you see how far we've come on this matter. :/
    Still, after all this time, +1.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    +1times infinity on this!

Been asked for a billion times and no word from the devs.
    It should work exactly like the rep uniforms do so once you own all parts it unlock a special skin. I see no reason why it couldn't happen as its not like they visuals even tell you what someone is using, they can be turned off which destroys that argument.

It would be a most excellent change if they could do this.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    kylethetruekylethetrue Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Guess I should have figured I wasn't the first to suggest this. Oh well, maybe this time will be the last straw.
    "Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
    -3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Yeah really wish they would give us this, I mean its totally doable.
    The pieces that add new geometry like the Borg set I can see could be a problem, but not the shield texture overlays, you would just need a new category added in the ship customization screen for shield overlays.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    vedran0picardvedran0picard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    this will be nice :)