Options

Not even remotely upset, but I *AM* curious >:D

124»

Comments

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hi Nagas,

For my piece of mind and to throw Cryptic a bone, I'm going with, "They didn't think" as an excuse for this behavior.

T6 Defiant? The Valiant Class?
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    (...)
    Also, consider this: let's say someone is an active player normally, but doesn't happen to log in during the *specific* week those T4 ships you just mentioned are being given out. In that case, that person gets *neither* the free T4 ships that the other active players get, *or* the free T6 ship that the inactive players get.

Yes, that happens. A limited time giveaway and you're not there to claim it, you miss it. Shock and awe. And now? Do you think you (hypothetical second person) deserve compensation now because you missed out?

I understand one might be grumpy missing out on stuff, but where does this weird notion come from that everybody missed out in something is treated "unfairly"? Example: In order to get new customers some sites like GOG will now and then give games away for free which are available a limited time (usually 24-48 hours) after which they have their regular price again. If I now miss out on the giveaway and see I have to pay 10 bucks again, do I have any basis to say that's unfair and I demand equal treatment/compensation?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I know Some sites that give away redeem codes for the T6 Valiant as part of a promo and they are limited. I didn't get one though since I just later found about it.

The thing is I do not know why people are sometimes upset of not getting the free stuff or Not being satisfied with the free stuff.

Look I get most people are "Veterans" of this game, myself I started playing around 2012 when I found out about this game. But when on a hiatus after the Oddy give away. I missed A LOT of freebies most specially the Samsar who's console I need to complete the 4 console of my Command Battle Cruisers. And Trust me, it's painful for me since I actually listened to people saying the Presidio is the only worth while of them but later I found out that the other 2 are also fun to use and their ship traits (Do NOTE that it is my OWN PERSONAL OPINION.) is are a life saver as well depending on what I was going to do.

Just imagine me buying the 2 ships individually thinking I could get the Samsar this year but Cryptic crushed my hope. Yet here I am. I'm kinda irked at first on the stupid decision but not really mad about it. You see I missed the Free stuff. It's just like what they are doing now. Sure I would be forever incomplete without that console but it doesn't diminish my game play.

Question yourselves would not having the freebies kill your play style or affect it.. at all...?

Also the rewards may Suck. To most veterans but to some who are just starting those rewards are good and even some great for them. Most people who I see complain are already high enough or had already have much on the game that it sometimes make me think that they never actually look at other people... Particularly the new players or the returning ones who are most likely this rewards are really aimed at.

Sure most veteran players would say "We are paying for this." But how many are actually playing this game? Even games like Guild Wars 2 already went to a semi F2P options indicating that Subs no longer cut it. Have anyone actually think of the expenses the Devs are also putting on this game?Like Maintenance. Including if the building they are using is not their own rental fee, Taxes, Electricity, Publicity, Employee Salary, Etch. I'm sure you guys know this things exists too. And no matter what excuses you may say this things exists and needs to be payed and I've played MANY MANY MMORPG's. From Tibia, Ragnarok Online, WoW, GW 1 & 2, EVE Online, RO2, Diablo, SWTOR, DCUO, Aura Kingdom, Uncharted Waters Online and so many more that I could say on all of the games I play STO is more better than some of them. Trust me most specially on games that exist to much imbalances or too much community driven MMORPG's which causes the game to close.

Yes I do have issues with Cryptic. Most Notable the lack of a Good PvP. Mainly I want REAL FLEET BATTLE. A Castle Siege of sorts to actually use that Starbase that is more of a Display. A Real FACTION WAR. That will keep everybody busy while we wait for new episodes and sink those excess dils. And I do have a proposal of such but still contemplating on posting it though.

Anyway lets just remember The Devs, Cryptic and their staff are still Humans and they do have some limitations on what they can do. Like us. Not everyone can have the same things as the others nor the same likes and disposition.

I don't really agree on much of how Cryptic is doing somethings like the way the Dil exchange is right now, some of their recent decision and some lackluster Episodes and again lack of PvP and I have always called them the Ferengi's (Yeah it's a little Joke ther Devs/Cryptic) but I do know that always being mad at them isn't productive too.

Anyway this are just my opinions. I don't in anyway intend to insult anyone or mock anyone and words that I might have used here may sound harsh to some and maybe misunderstood but I guarantee I'm not in anyway degrading, insulting or mocking anyone.

If it sounded like that my deep and sincere apologies. Good day to all.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (...)
    Also, consider this: let's say someone is an active player normally, but doesn't happen to log in during the *specific* week those T4 ships you just mentioned are being given out. In that case, that person gets *neither* the free T4 ships that the other active players get, *or* the free T6 ship that the inactive players get.

Yes, that happens. A limited time giveaway and you're not there to claim it, you miss it. Shock and awe. And now? Do you think you (hypothetical second person) deserve compensation now because you missed out?

No, I don't think anyone deserves any kind of "compensation" for a video game(unless it was on a purchase they made that there is some type of issue with). I was simply highlighting how a normally active player could miss out on *all* rewards, those for both the "active" and the "inactive" people, by simply not playing one specific week.
    I know Some sites that give away redeem codes for the T6 Valiant as part of a promo and they are limited. I didn't get one though since I just later found about it.

Yeah, that's not what this thread is about.

So with that said, let me get back to what this thread is actually about:
    • This thread is *NOT* about Cryptic giving rewards to inactive people to try to get them back.
    • This thread *IS* about why some active players are emailed a free T6 ship and not others.

Some people have discussed the actual topic of this thread, while others have gone wildly off topic, so let's try to steer it back to the actual topic.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    No, I don't think anyone deserves any kind of "compensation" for a video game(unless it was on a purchase they made that there is some type of issue with). I was simply highlighting how a normally active player could miss out on *all* rewards, those for both the "active" and the "inactive" people, by simply not playing one specific week.

You could also have pointed out that you'll get wet if you jump into water. While the statement is true it doesn't really have anything to do with anything. What was your point? I realize that might read snarky, but it isn't.
    • This thread is *NOT* about Cryptic giving rewards to inactive people to try to get them back.
    • This thread *IS* about why some active players are emailed a free T6 ship and not others.
    (...)

I think the best answers were the first three given. Inactive characters under 60 or random lottery draw. There's no way to find out, it's not to be expected they give clarification on the matter as they did the exact same promo already with the same rage but no reaction.

The mail text when I remember ocrrectly from what other people said is about one of your captains getting the 60 boost and a ship appropriate for lvl 60 to get into it. So you could keave a inactive char on your account and wait if at one point you get one of these.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Yeah, that's not what this thread is about.

So with that said, let me get back to what this thread is actually about:

That, plus 40 Qmendations (10 days worth towards the new T6 Anniversary ship).
    Some people have discussed the actual topic of this thread, while others have gone wildly off topic, so let's try to steer it back to the actual topic.

Zactly!

And again, I'm not even remotely upset. I *was* upset when a certain, loud segment of the community got Bort to kill SS3, and IT, and basically all of Intel. Over this issue I'm really just scratching my head. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think the best answers were the first three given. Inactive characters under 60 or random lottery draw. There's no way to find out, it's not to be expected they give clarification on the matter as they did the exact same promo already with the same rage but no reaction.​​

Agreed with your assessment about having a toon (my, do I hate that word) under lv. 60. Still not seeing any 'rage,' though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg