test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sixth Anniversary Giveaway

So, I must admit, I totally got this wrong.

When it was announced that C-store items would be given away for free, for which thanks Cryptic, I tried to guess what they would be in advance.

In addition to the usual services that probably werent getting a good run, I expected that:
1) the Uniform would be the Starfleet uniform from the ST:VOY episodes Future's End; and
2) the Ship would be the Tier 2 Exeter class for feds - possibly a similar iconic ship for the other factions, although because of its relatively low value, possibly not.

The rationale wasnt complex: that uniform was getting a run in the new storyline (including the featured episode), and the ship would be given the new upcoming Star Trek movie.

As I said, I got this horribly wrong.

Does anyone know why the things they chose were selected, and/or what you think might come up next time (and why)?

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If I would have to guess.. which is all I can do.. I would assume that the reason behind the T4 ships was because the Romulan and Fed variants come with items that count toward completing a set. Giving these for free, encourages sales on the T6 Variants as people are now one step closer to completing the set and getting that battle cloak for their T6 Defiant.

Again, just opinion/guess.
    Insert witty signature line here.