test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why aren't there more Bridge/Ship parts?

willdojinnwilldojinn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
I understand wanting to focus on where the money is, which is federation, but we have pieces and bits and bobs so why not make a few of those?

Comments

• Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    put it that way: if you want many uniform packs, many bridges, science ships and so on, you have to Play Federation.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    because, according to tacofangs, any one ship interior is a bit more than a month of work, and they dont sell for TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    because, according to tacofangs, any one ship interior is a bit more than a month of work, and they dont sell for TRIBBLE.

And thats something I dont get. Just using the Foundry you can whip up a reasonable interior in a day, unless they're greating whole new assets I honestly cant see it taking that long. The editor cyptic use is much better developed than the Foundry after all and sure they'll have reviews for approval and such on the dev side to slow things up, but a whole month seems exessive when they have usable assets in the game already, just like all the interiors ingame already use recycled assets from missions.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    narthais wrote: »

And thats something I dont get. Just using the Foundry you can whip up a reasonable interior in a day, unless they're greating whole new assets I honestly cant see it taking that long. The editor cyptic use is much better developed than the Foundry after all and sure they'll have reviews for approval and such on the dev side to slow things up, but a whole month seems exessive when they have usable assets in the game already, just like all the interiors ingame already use recycled assets from missions.

^^This.^^
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I never said I bought the excuse, just telling you what the excuse was
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    It's called Red Tape... everything potentially added to the game has to go through "A Process" before it can be officially up-loaded.
    Which means even if it's an already created asset, it has to be vetted by the Powers-That-Be, to be used in any other fashion than originally intended.
    And then it has to go through a testing period, to make sure it doesn't mess up anything else already in the game.
    And so on, and so forth...
    <shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif