test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Hole

Has anyone had success creating a black hole in the Foundry? I'm looking to do a planet near a black hole similar to the movie Interstellar.

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ooohhhh.... the only thing I can think of is one of the class X planets, but making and accretion disk... kinda hard.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    Actually, yes. Check out this thread I made a while back. Only got one response, but a decent attempt (with instructions)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1173983/community-mapping-challenge-black-hole
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Actually, yes. Check out this thread I made a while back. Only got one response, but a decent attempt (with instructions)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1173983/community-mapping-challenge-black-hole

Thanks Drogyn. I was inspired by a recent article I read supporting the theory that life could evolve on a planet that gets its energy from a black hole instead of a normal star. Plus I'm looking for a way to preserve someone for 80 years without having them age without using normal time travel.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I haven't .... but this might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OCa8wSg8g
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I haven't .... but this might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OCa8wSg8g

You know the youtubes has full episodes on it right? You don't have to film it on your phone.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    Cool stuff. My current foundry project is a mission based in a white hole system. White holes are totally theoretical but Star Trek is science fiction so why not?
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Cool stuff. My current foundry project is a mission based in a white hole system. White holes are totally theoretical but Star Trek is science fiction so why not?

Sounds interesting. How are you going to get in?
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    Well I'm going to have the player approach the event horizon of the white hole but it's not really possible to enter one. I might use the atmospher effect or spawn the player inside a planet to create that effect. I'm using one of the supernova backdrops to represent the white hole.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.