What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A tac captain dabbling in science ships

2»

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    How many point do you allocate for each one? equally? or more for particle gen and less of others?

That depends. There is a general rule that in dumping skillpoints into a box, 6 is the furthest you should go because past 6 there's very bad diminishing returns.

That said, how far to go in each one? 6 for Graviton Gen & Particle Gen, & Flow Caps also if you have any drain oriented stuff or are pulling Plasmonic Leech. Having 6 in these 3 skillboxes gives you a base foundation for most typical Science builds.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    How many point do you allocate for each one? equally? or more for particle gen and less of others?

That depends. There is a general rule that in dumping skillpoints into a box, 6 is the furthest you should go because past 6 there's very bad diminishing returns.

That said, how far to go in each one? 6 for Graviton Gen & Particle Gen, & Flow Caps also if you have any drain oriented stuff or are pulling Plasmonic Leech. Having 6 in these 3 skillboxes gives you a base foundation for most typical Science builds.

actually putting 9 ticks into science skills like you have mentioned is perfectly fine.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I tend to put 9 in prtg, grav, flow as it provides a much needed if diminishing boost to those skills.
    I mean flow caps you've really gotta go all in to be at your most effective with a drain build.
    Prtg is not so critical once past 250 unless going for mega damage.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2016

That depends if one likes to deal more sci related exotic damage or if one wants to put more emphasis on sci related crowed control for the abilities that include both or are exclusively. I see drain as a top basis for all careers.

Since we have more part gen related sci stuff around and the general theme of almost all pve is to remove critters over controlling them (you have to remove them anyway) I recommend to give particle generator’s the benefit.

For those few moment where you would like to enjoy a mega-grav well it’s not as if we would not have the tier 5 romulan reputation ability around. ;)

Given my experience with my sci toons and reskills (they are the only ones which used up the 10 free ones I got from cryptic while the other careers did not) as well as the fact that you are a tac in origin I recommend a mix of @warmaker001b and @sarcasmdetector advise and go with:

- 9 for flow caps (cheap at ensign and may boost ur tac stuff)
    - 6 for part gens (good part gen basis)
    - 3 for grav gens (if at all)

Also, exchanging gear to boost the respective stats and monitor the results may be cheaper than a 400 zen reskill.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I like vanilla! :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated