[CrtD]x4 or [CrtH]x4???

There are also some [CrtD]x3 and [CrtH]x3 combos:

Which combo would be best for my ship?

Admiral D'Nal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Take a look at you characters Crit H value in space, if its really high (250-300) if I remember correctly, CritD is for you. One cant do crit damage without crit hitting first but if one is already crit hitting most of the tome anyways, just go for upping the crit damage.
  • Options
    transamericatransamerica Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Ship stats in space say:

bonus accuracy: 22.6%
    crit chance: 29.5%
    crit severity 128.5%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    with that crit chance, critd is better for you I think. I forget exactly where the break-even point is .. but the answer is that you can solve it mathmatically if you look up all the stuff people have done on the topic. Or you can just go with critd and be happy :)

• Options
    apomatix#2723 apomatix Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hello idk Crith i feel is better.
  • Options
    transamericatransamerica Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    noroblad wrote: »
    with that crit chance, critd is better for you I think. I forget exactly where the break-even point is .. but the answer is that you can solve it mathmatically if you look up all the stuff people have done on the topic. Or you can just go with critd and be happy :)

where do I find these topics you speak off???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Are you a tact Captain? [Pen] and [Dmg] are still numero uno for tacts as far as I know.
    Between the two, definitely [CrtD] since you're sitting over 20% crit - you get more bang for your buck stacking CritD after about 20-22% of crit.

The K.I.S.S. method I like to use is getting Locator tact consoles, all rep consoles boosting critH and tachyokinetic converter, and getting everything else CrtD. This is guaranteed 20+ crit chance and everything else going where there's more gain.

Stacking CrtH gives you more predictable burst (there are situations when this can be wanted), but CrtD gives you better overall DPS (when you have enough CrtH of course).
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User

where do I find these topics you speak off???

https://www.sto-league.com/weapon-damage-calculator/
    if its up to date. I havent tried to math at it in a while. Or if you dont trust links, do a web search on sto & damage calculations.

There are some buried in the forums too, but you will have to search for them and watch the dates to avoid old posts that are outdated. Somewhere someone had a chart a while back that showed when [critd] surpassed [dmg] for the different captain classes and under what conditions, for example. Crith vs Critd is easier. For a given weapon, if it crits, how much does it do? How often does it crit? Compare them!

for example... if it crits 100% of the time but only does 10% extra damage, is that better than one that crits 50% of the time and does 30% more damage?
    lets simulate it with a weapon that does 100 damage on a hit.

the first one does 10 shots, all of them crit, so it does 110 per hit, total is 1100.
    the second fires 10 shots, average 5 crit, which is 100 for 5 shots and 130 for 5 shots, 500+ 650 = 1150. Its slightly better on the average.

Granted the above isnt exactly STO values but its an oversimplified way to see how to do it.

If you want to get fancy you can even plot a couple of graphs against each other to see where the break-even value is and use that as a decision point.

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Every time I use excel for a quick and dirty comparison via Solver, it likes equal amounts of CritH and CritD. but then I'm also using the base character values for H and D. Obviously if you are TAC and can get a good boost to H via some power, then you'd want to stack on the D.