test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D packs

It's been a busy week for me and haven't had time to check the news here. I came on today now that I had some time and noticed that the R&D packs are on sale but reading the notice it also said they were being discontinued. Was a reason for this ever given? Is there something else rolling in to replace them?

Comments

• alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    The notice doesn't say that they're being discontinued though.... :/
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    alphahydri wrote: »
    The notice doesn't say that they're being discontinued though.... :/

Wow yeah, I must be really tired. Discounted, I read it as discontinued.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They won't be discontinued. They now are used for Really Special Super Duper Ship Promotion Events.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    They are on sale? They may or may not be discontinued? Oh......aren't those pretty much worthless anyway? especially for the cost?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    angrybobh wrote: »
    They are on sale? They may or may not be discontinued? Oh......aren't those pretty much worthless anyway? especially for the cost?

Agreed. Given the huge amount of R&D materials you can get out of the admiralty system the price of those packs seems absolutely ridicoulus. But as has been said before, Cryptic needs them to put some very rare prize ships inside.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Aren't they the only venue for obtaining Accelerators and the +Skill to boost Crit on Crafting (other than Lockbox drops)?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns