test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Option for a downgraded character screen?

plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
Do you want faster loading times when switching toons? Well how about just a list of characters, no ship/crew OR, as suggested in this thread by others, an in game menu, so you can pick another toon while active!

Request: Option for a downgraded character screen? 18 votes

Sure, I don't need to see my crew or my ship in this screen, keep it simple
44% 8 votes
Nah, I don't care.
55% 10 votes
Post edited by plaztikman64 on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    Same answer as in the other duplicate topic:
    Why not, as long as it is optional.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    Same answer as in the other duplicate topic:
    Why not, as long as it is optional.

Thanks :) I accidently hit the third mouse button which, for some reason opened up another window and saved this poll ^^
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    the char screen takes a second to switch between them, even on my old dual-core monstrosity. I don't see how a minimalist menu would be faster, really. And there are a billion things I want before they'd touch that anyway lol

Although, I wish you could change character from the ingame menu. Like, at the moment you have to Menu>Change Character, and that takes you to the loading screen. It would be good if there was a third submenu, with a list of your alts, so you could switch it one instantly (kind of like you can with starships now). I'd find that much more useful than a different main character screen. 2c
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    I see, the evil third mouse button. Call the exorcist. ^_^
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    I'm right there with questerius, why not as long as I get a toggle switch.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    aliguana wrote: »
    the char screen takes a second to switch between them, even on my old dual-core monstrosity. I don't see how a minimalist menu would be faster, really. And there are a billion things I want before they'd touch that anyway lol

Although, I wish you could change character from the ingame menu. Like, at the moment you have to Menu>Change Character, and that takes you to the loading screen. It would be good if there was a third submenu, with a list of your alts, so you could switch it one instantly (kind of like you can with starships now). I'd find that much more useful than a different main character screen. 2c

Of course, there are always things of more importance, things that I would like to see changed with a much higher priority, but that doesn't changes the fact that I am seeing a loading screen that could be optimized at some point in time, and leave an option for the people that simple don't care.

I don't know how many toons you've got, but those few seconds, loading something that I don't need to see in the first place, add up. Also, funny enough, I tend to choose the last toon in the list as I go on. When I switch toons and enter the selection screen, the game picks the last toon for a brief moment, and then switches back the the last active one/ first in the list.
    questerius wrote: »
    I see, the evil third mouse button. Call the exorcist. ^_^

hahah ;)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    You mean like an in-game switch similiar to the "change ship" menu? You could maybe see the simplified "Away Team" still with the character and crew and switch from there.

I almost never vote against more options for those who want them. I personally don't need such a menu, but it doesn't hurt if it's there.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »
    You mean like an in-game switch similiar to the "change ship" menu? You could maybe see the simplified "Away Team" still with the character and crew and switch from there.

I almost never vote against more options for those who want them. I personally don't need such a menu, but it doesn't hurt if it's there.​​

Well, I've been talking about a somewhat more simplified char selection screen, without all the bling bling but of course, just aliguana has already suggested, this could also be a valid option. Anything that saves time would be very much appreciated. :)