Install Arc
Options

Two Admiralty UI improvement/QOL suggestions

commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Controls and User Interface
=========================================================
SORT

Being able to filter by ship type is nice, but it isn't often as useful as it could be, particularly when some ships are basically hybrids. I think in addition to the current filter system, there should be buttons at the top you can click to sort by role values.

I made a quick mockup since I think it explains it better than I could.

ytEE3OI.png

Basically, clicking any of those "Sort" buttons would sort by role value. If you click on ENG, it should sort from most to least amount of ENG value the ships have, regardless of whether they are an ENG ship or not, it's just sorting by pure value listed.

If it was used in the image, it would sort it so that the Risian corvette is at the top, followed by Qa'Tel. The Plesh Brek would be at the bottom since it has the least ENG.

This would be extremely useful.

DIFFERENCE

I also think it would be very helpful to show the difference (subtraction) in the UI. I have a math disability so this is the hardest part of Admiralty for me. I have to constantly do math and I am very very slow at it and it is very difficult. It would be nice, if in between the Required and Slotted values, that we had a Difference value listed as well, which basically just shows how much more of that type we need.

Jh5nZ7N.png
♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
Post edited by commanderkassy on

Comments