test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I assign an animation to an interaction in *space*?

Hello everyone. This is rather basic, but I can't find anything about it in the forum or in the usual video tutorials. Please could somebody tell me, when a player in space scans an object (interact), how do I make their ship do the scanning beam animation? There's a "select animation" box on the Interact box, but that just shows a list of GROUND animations.

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    that sounds like a glitch... what happens if you use one of those?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Suddenly, it's now showing a list of space animations. You must be right - it must be one of those glitches that doesn't refresh until you close and reopen the editor. So that's OK now. Thanks for encouragement, it's useful to know that something SHOULD be there so I don't waste time looking in all kinds of other places for it!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Well, I'm not sure if this exactly what you would call a glitch, more like a quirk in the program. The system apparently identifies what kind of region an interaction objective is in (and thus brings up the correct list of animations) by the type of object selected rather than where you've placed that objective.

So to specify a space animation with a space interaction, first you need to select the object. Then you'll get the right list. If you leave it blank you will only get a list of inapplicable ground animations.

It shouldn't ever break any of your missions, you just have to remember an order of operations.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    How odd. Thanks, that means I know how to reliably get out of it!