test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power siphon vs Tykens rift

makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
I'm currently building a drain boat or of my Voth pallisade. Using domino polaron and vari ous flowcap / drain consoles. What I'm currently trying to decide what to use as my commander sci skill, power siphon or tykes rift. Thoughts?

Also, does DRB work off of flowcaps or PartGens? That might also be a contender...
5rFUCPd.png

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Drain runs off flow caps(including the drain caused by Polaron procs). Tyken's does some damage which is determined by Part Gen, but that's the damage, not the drain. Yeah, the stats don't affect the skill as a whole they affect an aspect of it.

some skills might be bugged and not use the stats right though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    The main advantage of Tyken's Rift in this example is that it is an AOE effect whereas Power Syphon is single-target. That said, Power Syphon boosts your own power while draining the target, so that may be more useful to you.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Also power siphon stops giving you power when the enemy you targeted with it dies. Thus it's best on bosses.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Good points. Also, that train off the new Breen ship works on power siphon and tach beam, but not the rift. Something else for me to consider...
    5rFUCPd.png