test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Third Faction

2»

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Other (feel free to state what)
    Mirror Universe, Feds play as the Terran Empire and KDF play as the Alliance
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
      edited December 2015
      Romulan (Star Empire or Republic)
      Romulans should be the last faction ever. All other ships can be taken care of by lockboxes or store, and species in the zen store. It's been proven all too well that it's impossible to give KDF and Romulans equal ship development to the Federation, and further factions would only stretch resources even more.
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
      Romulans should be the last faction ever. All other ships can be taken care of by lockboxes or store, and species in the zen store. It's been proven all too well that it's impossible to give KDF and Romulans equal ship development to the Federation, and further factions would only stretch resources even more.

The lacking ship development has nothing to do with limited resources pig-3.gif​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • riveroceanriverocean Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      Mercenery
      I would have rather had a merc or independent "faction".

With all the lockbox ships I'd love to create a proper ferengi and a proper hirogen. Problem with doing a fed alien is theyre too " fluffy" for most of the non-fed races. And kdf has limited options.

My second choice would have been an 8472 faction but only if it offered vastly different gameplay. I loved the romulan story line but once you hit end game it's basically playing starfleet in romulan clothing.

Yes please.. count me in as one of those people who'd love to be a proper Merc/Pirate. I was sort of hoping the Romulans would be the Merc faction -- but that didn't pan out.

But a Pirate faction would be a perfect place to put Ferengi's & Hirogen. Not too mention mercenary Klingons, Roms, and Humans. It could also end up being good for the games economy.​​
    • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
      I'd like a dominion/cardassian faction. True way maybe? Either way it would give more racial choices as well as ship choices.
      Tza0PEl.png
    • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
      I wanted to play Romulan ever since I heard the first rumors that there was going to be a Star Trek MMO. So yeah, Romulan all the way. :)
    • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
      I play my Romulans as though they were covertly diverting resources from their allied factions in support of an independent Romulan Republic. Remnants of the Tal Shiar will persist, but the proud Romulan race will always chafe under the yoke of its overlords...
      Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
      Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
      Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
      Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
      STO player since November 2013