test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

User Proposal - Allowing Non Klingon to Enter the Bat'lith tournament/ Melee Tournament

What about allowing a real Bt'lith tournament. You have the artwork and the arena for the Worf/great house interactions. You could still keep that buy dumbing down the AI for the opponent and just to three rounds in one, like it is now.

But I am thinking setting up a Reputation game that gives you three opponents and training in an hour. Followed by a 20 Hour break and have it last for a week, or as long as a festival. Each opponent getting smarter and harder to beat. After a certain number of points (or if it takes place in a festival maybe the top 100 are declared as taking champion, the next 500 as second place, the next thousand as placing 3rd, and everyone else gets a participation trophy and appropriate levels of titles.

Even if it was only open to Trill and Federation Klingons. But I could see it as part of a hand to hand combat trial, the next one being the Lirpa on Vulcan, Kabar on Earth (or throwing arts like Jujitsu, or Tai Chi push hands), Romulan Teral'n, maybe come up with something for Cardassia perhaps based on a field implement from a time before the military took over.

Maybe even have a festival at DS9 Anyone that gets a high enough reputation score would give them a significant upgrade in melee. Almost like a Klingon Bat'lith master might carry a disruptor for distance work, but anything at medium distance or closer; might rely on the Bat'leth more than an energy weapon.

Just a thought, your actual Mileage may vary.

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Open it to all factions, we could have a grand alliance bat'leth beatdown bash!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    PvP tourneys? sure! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

More like PVE melee challenges against increasingly OP elite NPC opponents. PVP is too broken.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User

More like PVE melee challenges against increasingly OP elite NPC opponents. PVP is too broken.

Sounds great! =) I'd only thing they should gate this til after they complete "Surface Tension" when the war that should not have been no longer is.

I'd also like a bar with primarily, but not necessarily exclusively Klingon menu. I think all should be able to come.