test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balance needed! All science ships to 6/0

Seriously I spent 15 mins and all my 3k creds and my white mkX gear into my science ship and figured my shuttle does moar deepeees there are high damage ships already in game and I want my science ships 6/0 all frontal weapons better then scimitir and toggle to switch all my science consoles for tact that way science will be useful and plox a boost to +beam consoles cuz they suppose be better then locators and my sciences are supposed to be highest dmg in the game with turrets and Im sick and tired of using punctuations so I won't and am also sick and tired of cryptic giving us diffrent ships I want all ships the same, and no more science ships just rework the ones we have with 6/0 they made for dps obviously where in startrek did you see sensor analysis and sci pwrs? so take it off and moar dps moar turrets on them make turrets stronger then beams cuz BFAW sux

aslo frigate should get +4 weapons aft slot cuz when they escap they need it

Dont bother explaining me anything or proving me otherwise Ill just turn this discussion personal and beat you with my uber experience accept Im right your wrong and Cryptic needs to listen only to me if you enjoy your ship then youre wrong so wrong cause 6/0 science ships with 3 deflectrs and all turrets would be better for everyone, including your mom

---

InB4 someone tests sci ships and figures they're way underpowered and need drastic changes all for the sake of "game balance".

Have a good day, and happy huntin'.

5980291nyfcc.png
"Reality is a thing of the past."
Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    No
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Not sure if this is sarcasm... it's too much effort to try and find out the point of the OP.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is sarcasm... it's too much effort to try and find out the point of the OP.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1209368/balance-needed-change-all-4-4-ships-to-5-3/p1

Read the first entry.
    5980291nyfcc.png
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Great joke post though.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    risian4 wrote: »

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1209368/balance-needed-change-all-4-4-ships-to-5-3/p1

Read the first entry.

You're contradicting yourself. You basically say that not all ships need to be more DPS focussed by satirically reproducing another thread. And then you end with saying that Sci ships are underpowered.

Edit: nevermind. I couldn't care less tbh.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I proposal an automatic, instant removal of topics with "balance needed" or variants thereof.

If anyone posts such a topic they receive 1 warning, post another and receive a week removal and if they post another after that the OP will be killed/quartered/burned in no particular order.

The last part can be overlooked if anyone can find a functional Varon-T disruptor in which case the perpetrator will simply be shot with that device.​​
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    I proposal an automatic, instant removal of topics with "balance needed" or variants thereof.

If anyone posts such a topic they receive 1 warning, post another and receive a week removal and if they post another after that the OP will be killed/quartered/burned in no particular order.

The last part can be overlooked if anyone can find a functional Varon-T disruptor in which case the perpetrator will simple be shot with that device.​​

Don't forget to add topics starting with "lockbox ripoff" or similar as well. :p
    You're contradicting yourself.
    You didn't get the meaning of it correctly, there's bound to be someone thinking science ships are underpowered and need 32458584375 added things.
    I couldn't care less tbh.
    Thank you very much, I do love STO community, so warm and fuzzy, just like tribbles.
    Great joke post though.
    Thanks o:)
    5980291nyfcc.png
  • Options
    As it has been stated in other threads, you cannot just upright ban topic from being posted no matter how much you dislike it.

Cryptic has the power to introduce a topic to the F.C.T. and that list has not been updated in a long time.

As other members of these forums have pointed out, if you dislike the topic of discussion or have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion, skip it.

You could also try the new method that is being used on me, based on my comments on the forums, find me in game and shower me with insults and threats.
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    You could also try the new method that is being used on me, based on my comments on the forums, find me in game and shower me with insults and threats.

wow! some guys are totally insane.

btw, where you spend your time in game? :p
  • Options
    @sennahcherib

On my cell ships, filling all the armada fleet projects.
  • Options
    cidjack wrote: »

Look at it from the bright side: you're clearly very important to them, that they go through so much trouble to insult you ;)

And yeah, it's lame.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    LOL! :D That's a good one, even better than the original.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I love this. I could tell it was sarcasm from the start. Probably because my sarcasm radar is pretty accurate.

I also feel that anyone who goes to the trouble of finding someone ingame just to badger them with insults and threats must feel intimidated by that person. Good job!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Highly amused by OP. Even more amused by those humorless prigs who didn't realise it was irony.

(https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prig)
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Weapons are completely underpowered and should just be removed. All ships should be reduced to 0/0 weapon slots and be given Ramming Speed and Self Destruct with no cooldown.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Seriously I spent 15 mins and all my 3k creds and my white mkX gear into my science ship and figured my shuttle does moar deepeees there are high damage ships already in game and I want my science ships 6/0 all frontal weapons better then scimitir and toggle to switch all my science consoles for tact that way science will be useful and plox a boost to +beam consoles cuz they suppose be better then locators and my sciences are supposed to be highest dmg in the game with turrets and Im sick and tired of using punctuations so I won't and am also sick and tired of cryptic giving us diffrent ships I want all ships the same, and no more science ships just rework the ones we have with 6/0 they made for dps obviously where in startrek did you see sensor analysis and sci pwrs? so take it off and moar dps moar turrets on them make turrets stronger then beams cuz BFAW sux

Dont bother explaining me anything or proving me otherwise Ill just turn this discussion personal and beat you with my uber experience accept Im right your wrong and Cryptic needs to listen only to me if you enjoy your ship then youre wrong so wrong cause 6/0 science ships with 3 deflectrs and all turrets would be better for everyone, including your mom

---

InB4 someone tests sci ships and figures they're way underpowered and need drastic changes all for the sake of "game balance".

The sarcasm is strong with this one.
    Thank you. I needed a good laugh.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    PLS no nerf my science ships. I prefer my 4/3 to my 6/0, thank you very much.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    These type of threads really do belong in Ten Forward though.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

---

Awesome! :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I see you mentioned a "plox" in your post... is that a Denobulan BoFF?
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    ZOMFG so much this! I put a gwell and all beams on my ship with faw. I punched my spacebar like I was getting paid per slam and spammed f but not everything died at once :'( cryptic, please buff all the stuff that makes stuff explode and nerf the stuff that doesn't.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    mmps1 wrote: »
    ZOMFG so much this! I put a gwell and all beams on my ship with faw. I punched my spacebar like I was getting paid per slam and spammed f but not everything died at once :'( cryptic, please buff all the stuff that makes stuff explode and nerf the stuff that doesn't.

Science Ships should fire Gravity Wells under BFAW. They could use GWFAW and just fill the entire map with Gravity Wells.

Yes.. this should be done right away.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Buffing Science Vessels would be unfair, because Klingons and Romulans don't any Tier 6 Science Vessels and if they suddenly get useful no one would play KDF or RR anymore.
    Yes, I kid.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Yeah, nothing could possibly be bad about making a forum topic for the only purpose of stirring up another's hornet's nest.

.....Even if it was silly.
This discussion has been closed.