test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post War #6: President...Okeg?

jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
Well, someone's been making his way up in the world, that's for sure!

Has anyone seen Vice President Ydnert lately?
boldly-watched.png

Comments

• cincsaccincsac Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Isn't Okeg a Saurian... Oh, the irony.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I didn't know we had one. Never saw any of them yet. And after what all I done to save the galaxy too. Where is my reward and medal.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    There's a civilian governing body of the Federation in STO?!?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

Yes buts its only in text they really dont exist its just a plot by our tribble overlords whom govern in secerecy and in plain sight lol
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User

The Federation is a diplomatic body, not to be confused with Starfleet, the military branch of the Federation through which the players take action. That's why we typically take orders from people like Admiral Quinn, they're the highest ranking members of Starfleet.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    jbmaverick wrote: »

The Federation is a diplomatic body, not to be confused with Starfleet, the military branch of the Federation through which the players take action. That's why we typically take orders from people like Admiral Quinn, they're the highest ranking members of Starfleet.

@warmaker001b was sarcastic pig-3.gif

Canonically Starfleet is under civil command by the Federation Council and Starfleet is no soldier's club as well but STO due to it's storyline and depiction of people and methods of Starfleet places us in all out Warhammer 40k-esque grimdark fighting verse from the tutorial onward.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    What do you mean? Okeg is listed in the Path to 2409 lore questions, as is his election to president of the federation, first Suarian to hold the office.

*sigh*

It's "Geko" spelled backwards and no matter where it's been written previously, it's still Geko spelled backwards. It's Hitchcock making a cameo in his own movie--although I get that a lot of you are too young to recognize that reference.
    boldly-watched.png
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    What do you mean? Okeg is listed in the Path to 2409 lore questions, as is his election to president of the federation, first Suarian to hold the office.

*sigh*

It's "Geko" spelled backwards and no matter where it's been written previously, it's still Geko spelled backwards. It's Hitchcock making a cameo in his own movie--although I get that a lot of you are too young to recognize that reference.

Though Stan Lee is pretty is pretty much king of that by now, he has his scenes in absolutely every marvel movie since 2000 and he even made appearances in all the marvel tv shows.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    jbmaverick wrote: »

@warmaker001b was sarcastic pig-3.gif

Curse you internet! You've fooled me yet again with your lack of contextual evidence to the nature of someone's statement! I shall now go look at cute kitty pictures for the next hour to repair this damage.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Ok, so if Okeg is Geko backwards... then what is Aennik? Kinnea? Doesn't remind me of anything.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I see what you did there.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Ok, so if Okeg is Geko backwards... then what is Aennik? Kinnea? Doesn't remind me of anything.

Well, I imagine it's simply because the Easter Egg is only in his last name. Aennik just sounds like a regular first name.

Also, personally, I'm hoping that the President's mention in the last blog is a hopeful (if long shot) hint that we may finally see him sometime soon.
    Like, this game has been out for what, almost six years or something? We haven't even seen a picture of the Federation President.
    I know in-game it's only technically been a year since Vega and then the end of the Iconian War, and Okeg was elected some time before all these shenanigans started, but man. I'd like to see at least a picture of the dude somewhere.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm... well... there is an NPC with a similar name... Quinn's secretary Linnea. Coincidence? dunno.

Okeg isn't the only major NPC never seen. we've never seen Slathis or Melani Di'an either...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg