Options

over 250 dilithium for 1 zen?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    samt1996 wrote: »
    I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it as long as i have to... ECONOMIC REGULATION DOESN'T WORK!!!

*long sigh*

Neoliberal capitalism isn't much better either. Just think about it. What kind of a system is in which only 1% of people are holding over 50% of total world wealth? The correct answer should be seriously flawed. And that kinda translates into STO.
    So yeah, there should be some kind of economic regulation which would balance a thing so everyone could be prosperous instead of a few chosen ones. Same goes for STO.

I always think of sto as more like the more you put in the more you have, perhaps if you invested as much hard cash as the 1% you could join them and become one of the chosen ones, alternatively you could try playing the game for 18 hours a day with as many characters.

like in the real world there are 2 ways to get rich in sto invest invest invest or work work work work work.

there are so many who expect to play sto for 1 or 2 hours a day, don't spend a penny and then expect everything to be handed to them on a plate.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Sadly it will never go down. You can have some fluctuations but the price will always grown. Why? Because all the players (f2p and paying ones) need the zen from the exchange as it is actually the only way to get the cash shop stuff. The admiralty system didn't help too. Let's say I make an average 4k dilithium per char and per day with the admiralty system. I have 23 chars that's 92k dilithium I make per day, instead of the 10-20k I made before.
    Still, if you think about it, the price is not so high yet. Now I only need 9 days to have 3k zen. Before the admiralty i was needed almost a month to get 3k zen.
    Also, with all the dilithium you can make now, you don't need to sell Zen anymore.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    250 per zen is not that bad I was here when it hit 400 per.

I was here when it was 550^^ also when iut was 98

Ummm 550? You do know the cap is 500 right?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Zen prices *always* go up when there is an R&D promotion. Because Sheshar and stuff. It goes back down in between such events. Until then, just stockpile refined dil.
  • Options
    jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    like in the real world there are 2 ways to get rich in sto invest invest invest or work work work work work.

I have spent a penny, not a huge amount and not for well over a year. But this isn't quite right...

....it's really just a case of using your head. I've not had time to play fully lately so I'm barely on right now - but being logical about it, I can still spend less than half an hour a day in STO and hit the dil refining cap fairly easily just by paying attention to what I'm doing, and doing it all carefully.

Overall, 10-20 minutes a day, plus an hour or two on Sundays. Thats been 3-4 weeks now I've had that pattern and in that time I've stockpiled enough dil to convert to zen and get a new ship for my Christmas break.
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Eh, it's just 250. I mean, sure, it was nice back when I could exchange for 88 per. Those were good days. On the other hand, I'm getting more Dil these days across my alts, so in the end.... it still works.

(And yeah, hard to get worked up about the exchange here, when I was playing Neverwinter during the days when the exchange was pegged at 500, with no zen listed for sale. Took an average of three days to get some zen after putting diamonds up for sale..... hmm, I have no idea what happened to the market after that, haven't played in a long time.)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2015

I have spent a penny, not a huge amount and not for well over a year. But this isn't quite right...

....it's really just a case of using your head. I've not had time to play fully lately so I'm barely on right now - but being logical about it, I can still spend less than half an hour a day in STO and hit the dil refining cap fairly easily just by paying attention to what I'm doing, and doing it all carefully.

Overall, 10-20 minutes a day, plus an hour or two on Sundays. Thats been 3-4 weeks now I've had that pattern and in that time I've stockpiled enough dil to convert to zen and get a new ship for my Christmas break.

sounds to me like you only have one character if you are spending less then half an hour a day in STO but that is not really relevant, sure it easy to meet the daily 8k a day no matter as the OP was talking about the super rich of the game, you know the ones who have 20 characters with 10 billion EC on 18 of them plus millions in refined and unrefined dilithium and 100's $ in zen.

to get these kind of liquid assets the OP is talking about you either need to pay for it or work long hours for months.

those in favour of this raise in zen for LTS buyers think they should be like this just because they think they are special because they paid $200 or $300, they cant see these 1% the OP was talking of paid far more then they have for this one way or another.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Right... and what has happened to the world economy with the increasing regulation?

I'll let you do the math.

But we are derailing the purpose of this thread.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Wait till we hit 400 per. :wink:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I am happy with this price. Wish it go to 400 again! I use ZEN to convert to DIL so its a win for me.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    @sovereign47...by everyone happy, you mean nobody happy...then yes a cap of 200 will do that. NW has (or had) an issue where their exchange hit cap...and you know what happened? Tge f2p players wanted to buy...but there was not enough zen to go around...sobit was pretty miserable unless you spent money. Exchange at cap is a bad thing.

Yep, I remember there was a point when there was no ZEN at all being sold, so you had to queue your purchase request at cap amount (500AD per ZEN), and wait for 3-4 weeks till ALL previous requests were fulfilled.

And that situation wasn't even a time limited occurrence, it lasted for several months.

So, having a limiting cap could actually be a problem for ZEN buyers rather than helping them
    ryuga81.png