test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captain's log: Alcohol has revealed some interesting news

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
Captain's log, stardate... I don't know... auto-enter it please computer... thanks.

So, while fueled by some amazing alcohol from New Romulus, someone asked why all of a sudden is Romulan Ale legal? Apparently it's been legal since the Romulans sent representatives to train with our forces around the time of the Fall of Vega.

The Fall of Vega, I don't recall Vega falling. I remember the battle for Vega but I don't recall it falling. So I checked my logs against my memory. I survived the battle of Vega, reinforcing the ground troops there and helping to drive the Borg off. It occurred during my first cruise when I was forced to take command of my ship and its crew. There were other ships involved in the battle and I contacted the others. They don't recall the battle as I do. In fact they said Vega fell and they were forced back. My logs confirm my story, but copies of my log sent to Memory Alpha do not match. My captain, apparently was murdered by Klingons. I don't know if that's better than being blown out in space by dysfunctional Borg.

I wonder why we haven't retaken Vega. Apparently it did fall.

I checked the logs of my special ops in Romulan space and I find they do not match. I suppose that there is a relief. I didn't actually partake in such murderous acts but still, I remember them. I eye that Undine admiral with the deepest suspicions but I cannot prove she is an Undine at this moment. It doesn't matter anymore, as history seems to have been rewritten, even my forays in Cardassian space is also different. I checked the records of my assaults in Borg and Undine space. They don't match.

Curious. I wonder when the historical records were reset.

Should I do something? It didn't seem to make a difference in the grand scheme of things and the Iconians still came. If we changed it to fix the past, do we risk losing the Iconian war?

I hate Temporal Mechanism.

Note to the Galaxy, Romulan Ale should not be served with a mix of Earth Whisky, Bajoran springwine, Andorian Ale and Klingon Bloodwine...

Lastly, I must get Git to eat haggis as revenge for her convincing me, in my drunken state, to try Ferengi snails, or tube grub. Bleh...

Comments

• Options
    is there a way to set stardates for our current time or should we set it for ingame?
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    You should read Riov t'Velle's logs when she's drunk on root beer.. I may have to write that some time.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I actually would say only one of my four captains would ever go on a real bender (my Caitian).

Of the other three, one is a Devidian and cannot get drunk or high and doesn't even understand why someone would want to be out of their right mind. My Cardassian is a moderate drinker and while he's not a snob about it, he's the sort who most often drinks with meals as part of the dining experience. Not to say he has never been drunk (he probably did during a few periods of serious trauma in his life) but I think most of the time he doesn't drink enough at one time to get drunk. I'd say my Reman has been on an occasional bender, but she's not a party girl and has done it less with age and increasing responsibility.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,760 Arc User
    Stardates are up to you, but I estimate that since it's slow-moving-2410 and if the Iconian War happened just before the middle of the year (my estimation too), it might be around 874##.#.
  • Options
    has any of your captains made a profound discovery about the timeline while on their benderS?
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I doubt it. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gulberat wrote: »
    I doubt it. ;)

man what are you drinking that prevents such thoughtful discussions?
  • Options
    Captain Reynolds starts Deanna Troi-ing after a few. "Timeline? This is no time to argue about time. We don't have the time!"
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Captain Reynolds starts Deanna Troi-ing after a few. "Timeline? This is no time to argue about time. We don't have the time!"

what were you saying?
  • Options
    Okay, so to deal with the clear changes to the timeline and our experience, we shall get drunk?

• Options
    Only if there's karaoke. B)

Now that I think of it, the changes to the timeline can be attributed to our tampering with that Annorax temporal incursion ship in the episode "Butterfly".
  • Options
    Ohhh, I like that theory! So that's why we remember, but nobody else does
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    I remember the last time I was drunk. I was hearing Sweet Home Alabama at the time. No, wait, I wasn't drunk. If I were I wouldn't remember the song at the time.
  • Options
    were you watching Forrest Gump?
  • Options
    yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    Last time, R'shee and I got drunk we... Nevermind, that'll stay between me and my wife. *coughs*

I'l just say this, only my crew out of the entire Federation know of the past we went through, and because of that we feel a little... Okay very much, isolated from the rest of the Federation because of our arduous journey. To say the least, most of us try to forget that our past is different from everyone elses'. It helps.

On the plus note, sufficient quantities of Romulan Ale used as a substitute for Bacardi and made into fifteen cocktails makes one drunken Vulcan. Who knew T'nur could be so ornery? It's also rather bizarre to see a Jem'hadar start singing drunken sailor songs with a Breen (how on Earth do they drink?!), a Tellarite, Bolian and Caitian.

I do believe there we sufficient quantities of catnip used however for that endeavor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • Options
    how did you get the Jemhadar to drink? we've been trying!
  • Options
    It took a few months to get the Ikakk'klur (I can't remember how he spells his name!) to loosen up… that and copius amounts of armed combat between me, Zyrs and Ichigo. Needless to say, they aren't many things that beating the stuffing out of one another can't solve.

It finally got Zyrs to buy that ring for T'nur and finally had Ichigo propose to Rukia. She did turn him down saying she was waiting for when they left starfleet to marry.

To say the least, my main Jem'hadar man and the Duty Officers he brought along are a massive help. You won't believe the drinking songs they've come up with. Now I just need to figure out why I have two of the same one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yaisuke15 wrote: »
    It took a few months to get the Ikakk'klur (I can't remember how he spells his name!) to loosen up… that and copius amounts of armed combat between me, Zyrs and Ichigo. Needless to say, they aren't many things that beating the stuffing out of one another can't solve.

It finally got Zyrs to buy that ring for T'nur and finally had Ichigo propose to Rukia. She did turn him down saying she was waiting for when they left starfleet to marry.

To say the least, my main Jem'hadar man and the Duty Officers he brought along are a massive help. You won't believe the drinking songs they've come up with. Now I just need to figure out why I have two of the same one.

your ship sounds a bit like Grey's Anatomy...
  • Options
    When on the run with the Federation at your back due to an 'assasination' attempt on the President's life or fighting in an unexplored part of the galaxy with no way home or facing down a Planet Killer or fighting in a Colesium to save yourself, you tend to take liberties concerning your crews lives. It's theirs to live, who am I to control what they should or should not do? We're all one big family on my ship.

You should see Christmas on board: a Jem'hadar and a Breen drinking spiked Eggnog, wearing Santa hats, and singing Jingle Bells is amusing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wait a sec, you tried to assassinate our president?
  • Options
    (It's one of the foundry missions, I think it's the Of Purity series. Can't remember)

It was a coup I was an unwitting pawn in. Needless to say it was resolved. That still doesn't stop the fact that I'm still leery of every time I have to do an update with Starfleer Command.

On a lighter note, Liraru, T'nur and Julianna were able to get enough lights to decorate out ship in Christmas lights, both inside and out. Going to be tricky applying the inertial dampeners to the outward lights. Maybe if I rewrote the circuitry…

Also those girls are part of the Engineering crew, not my harem. Zyrs would outright kill me for even looking at his wife funny and R'shee would kill me for even looking at another woman like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    You should have a harem, you're in deep space. Even if they're holographic Vulcans.
  • Options
    I have enough of those and Orions, I don't need anymore. That and R'shee is already exhaustibg enough, add anymore and I'd be dead. Well that and I'm monogomous. It's also somewhat disturbing because a few of hose women I consider sisters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    you have sisters under your command? Dude... that's troublesome
  • Options
    I consider them sisters, but that doesn't make them my blood sisters.

The first is an older sister who is a trill that just loves to tease me and R'shee endlessly after we return from our own personal leave on Risa. *cough* She's not really interested in anyone, but I know a number of people who work on my ship have formed a fan-club for her. Seeing as she's also a doctor, I don't think that helps either.

Another is a Trill that likes shiny things and calling me "Yai-kun". She's also a tomboy that likes to harass me endlessly whenever we have freetime and practice kendo against each other. Her hits sting. That and she's also good with a sniper rifle. Saved my bacon I don't know how many times. Can you imagine having a mortar firing from a place you can't see while a sniper and turret cross fire? The Klingons quickly learned to avoid my crew after that.

The next one… she was probably the only other woman I loved other than R'shee. I thought she died when we were cadets, battling in Vega against the Borg. She was grabbed bt Borg just as we were called back to the ship to help in the space battle. For three years I thought her dead. Until I noticed a drone chasing after us during an incursion into Borg controlled space in the Alpa Quandrant, yet not attacking us or calling for back up...

She was still in there, fighting to keep her identity against the Borg. Julianna always was a fighter. Luckily we had the technology to reverse the Borg changes… physically wise. Mentally, she's still 20. Everyone she knew is far older now. And I… I moved on, because I couldn't tell R'shee that I couldn't choose not to marry her because Julianna was no longer around to continue the race to me. She reluctantly accepted of course, that silly Andorian pride of hers wounded simply because she won by default.…

That fight the three of us had when the dust had settled after Julianna was recovered… boy did I drink like nothing else. We of course made up, and Julianna's found someone, but sometimes I wonder what could have been.

Well there is Fino, the Orion ambassador on my ship that serves as a Tactical Officer. She's kinda like that girl that moved in next door. I have no choice but to treat her as a sister since she's, well, rather amorous in her advances. I like to not sleep on a couch all the time.

Emiko is kinda like another older sister, served under her during my first assignment and despite not being a woman of many words, she attracts a large number of admirers. It's always nice to sit down with her and discuss the nuances of the beam arrays, inertail dampeners, deflector array and structual integrity. She also make nice food; usually the one to cook the banquet for the senior staff:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    so romantic... and sweet. You seem to have a lot of Trills under your command
  • Options
    You think that's romantic, you should ask Zyrs and T'nur, my Andorian Quartermaster and Sergeant at Arms and the Vulcab Chief of Engineering, respectively.

Yes I know. An Andorian and a Vulcan, together? Wuhat?! It's true. T'nur was the reluctant one however, as all Vulcan's are when it comes to emotions. Funnily enough, their reunion was a very emotional one, lot's of kissing on her part I heard.

Later found out she had barely survived a blast to engineering from a Solar Gateway while Zyrs had survived by the skin of his teeth when a Baltim Raider crashed through the shuttle bay. If that doesn't get people to finally appreciate what they have and not take it for granted, I don't know what will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]