What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New admirality daily campaign limit is 10K a day as of tomorrow

2»

Comments

• Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    If there used to be a limit, it was more than 10k.

There was not a "Limit" that I am aware of.. Here's another Nerf Bat that was actually giving the players something. Obviously, Cryptic felt the players were progressing to quickly (i.e. TauDewa slam). Cryptic giveth and Cryptic taketh away..

Meh. You can only reach 10 once, and what does it really matter whether it takes 20 days instead of 15?

Admiralty is worth doing for the per-mission rewards, especially the spec points.

You can only cap the LvL 10 200,000 Xp for Admiralty once. However, you can continue to complete the "Tour of Duty" missions indefinately. Once you reach the L-10 cap, you no longer gain Admiralty Xp anyway..

tyvm.
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Cant say i blame them for this honestly, i was level ten within a week or so as were many others i know.

A week to get to level 10 is fast? You can get to level 10 in a few hours. It only takes a few days to get to 50 even without the xp bonus weekends. Between Doffs, Admiralty, and normal missions leveling in this game happens so fast anyway. It's the 50-60 grind that sucks and the Admiralty systems is how I have been leveling all my alts.

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @bmcd73

Level 10 in Admiralty, not In Game Rank.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I do think halting the progression is a little unfair as it will only really effect those players with a lot of ships. My Rom/KDF characters won't even notice it as my progression is slow by a lack of ships i own and then those ships being in maintenance. My Feds with 50-60 don't have to much trouble.

But what needs to be recognised is those players who have acquired a lot of ships in all probability dropped Real life money on the game to either buy ships from the C-Store, Fleet ships, took the chance of lock boxes or built up enough EC to buy lockbox ships off the exchange. You could in theory see this change to the system as a penalty for dropping money into a system that encourages or encouraged collecting all the ships for the Admiralty card.

Now thus far the system has been brilliant <3 and my Fed characters spec trees have never looked healthier :) , but it does concern me what future changes may happen and has me split on whether to purchase anymore ships.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Meh. I guess they want me to resume not giving a TRIBBLE about the admiralty system. *shrug* It's not like that was vital to anyone's enjoyment anyway.

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Meh. I guess they want me to resume not giving a TRIBBLE about the admiralty system. *shrug* It's not like that was vital to anyone's enjoyment anyway.

Once again, for the many people who seem to be misreading the notes, threads, etc.

This is just the "Campaign XP". Not dil, not credits, not character/spec XP. So the only thing being slowed down is the maximum speed for gaining levels in the Fed and Klingon Campaigns (and not the Tours of Duty, the repeatable mission chains).

Anyone who was clearing more than 10k XP a day is already maxed out. And anyone who wasn't doing more than 10k a day.... isn't effected. Only thing it'll really change is that future campaigns they release will take 20 days min to clear, just like the Reputations do.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

Once again, for the many people who seem to be misreading the notes, threads, etc.

This is just the "Campaign XP". Not dil, not credits, not character/spec XP. So the only thing being slowed down is the maximum speed for gaining levels in the Fed and Klingon Campaigns (and not the Tours of Duty, the repeatable mission chains).

Anyone who was clearing more than 10k XP a day is already maxed out. And anyone who wasn't doing more than 10k a day.... isn't effected. Only thing it'll really change is that future campaigns they release will take 20 days min to clear, just like the Reputations do.

I knew it was coming, when before I knew it I was already at level 10 (like a week and half into the new system).

Frankly, I'd be okay if it took as long as a fresh reputation to reach level 10, which is what ? 40 days or so..

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I understood that just fine. Slowing me down on something that was already tedious and joyless. Add it to the list of grinds I ignore.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I understood that just fine. Slowing me down on something that was already tedious and joyless. Add it to the list of grinds I ignore.

Is getting the campaign to 10, really the main thing you were getting out of the Admiralty system, though? Sure, there's a bit of a bonus each level, and that ship at the end. But the tours of duty, and the regular credit/dil/spec xp.... those don't matter to you?

Eh, whatever. Still the overall comment wasn't just directed at you... there seem to be plenty of folks who think it's spec XP getting reduced.
    I knew it was coming, when before I knew it I was already at level 10 (like a week and half into the new system).

Frankly, I'd be okay if it took as long as a fresh reputation to reach level 10, which is what ? 40 days or so..

Oh, right. It's normally 40 days. I've been doing sponsored runs on my alts so long that 20 days was stuck in my head. So new campaigns will be as easy as sponsored reps. Even less of a fuss, then. /shrug
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2015
    Oh, right. It's normally 40 days. I've been doing sponsored runs on my alts so long that 20 days was stuck in my head. So new campaigns will be as easy as sponsored reps. Even less of a fuss, then. /shrug

Cryptic's standard measurement of how long a new grind should last = 40 days*

*Except R&D system where the grind is double that +10 days per school.