test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Help Me Fix My Flawed Temp Sci PvP Build!

rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
Help!

I'm at my wit's end! Ever since returning to the game a week ago (was gone for over a year) I'm finding that my once OP Reman Temp Sci (R'Mor) is now a sitting duck in PvP engagements. And, frankly, I'm not sure where the problem lies - I just seem to get pwned rather quickly via a flurry of disables and shield-penetrating strikes of the likes that I've never seen before.

Here's my complete build page with traits and skill-tree included:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=rckrmorpvp3_0

Again, I'm not sure where to begin with this one. I thought I had built a solid partgens-focused sci tank/damage dealer, but now I can barely get a "shot" off before I'm vaporized! My 360+ particle skill-boosted TBR II and FBP III seem to bounce off of everyone. In fact, the only thing doing any measurable damage is my ISO cannon from the Delta rep set.

Note: This ship is a BEAST in PvE and can tank almost anything while grinding their NPC hulls to dust. But PvP? Toast in under 30 secs!

Please help before I rage-quit...again! :(

RCK - a.k.a. "Evul Jacob" - a.k.a. "Jacob Lightener"

Comments

• Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I'm sorry to be the first to tell you that it's unlikely that PvP is beyond broken now, if you want to survive you'll need abilities that give you 100% immunity to Dmg and the Zhal trait. Without those, you'll die with EPtS, RSP and BFI up after a couple of shots.
  • Options
    Can you point me towards those "100% immunity to damage" abilities? Are these things you can get through resequencers on the Exchange? Also, I see that the Zahl trait seems tied to that particular ship, which means a 200m EC investment for the ability to live a little longer with 5% hull. Total BS.

There's gotta be another solution to this TRIBBLE. WTF was Cryptic thinking with this junk? Stroking "Kirk" egoes by allowing them to tank every boss NPC without trying? I mean, skill has been totally taken out of the equation. :(

RCK
  • Options
    yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    The Zahl trait gives you immunity to all damage for about 8 seconds and increases your heals by I think 300%, use hazard and engineering team and you will probably be up to 100% again

It might not be the best but it is almost the same that I fly myself:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=rmorscienceboat_0
    Go 4 pc Solanae for getting that excellent set bonus, works like ablative generator and rsp together (if not disabled by viral torp or stuff like that), cluster torp has been replaced as it probably will not arrive at its target, TIF is expensive but great, add reciprocity and temporal insight trait, take pilot spec as primary one (maxed out), you'll be better in defense than it is now...

There is a lot to explain and maybe others will do better, if you have additional questions, just post them or hit me ingame, others will think different but imho, the setup I made myself is nice to start with and it is strong enough to survive queues and all the other stuff around (additionally, you could use those armor catalyst things, they work like a second hazard emitter and give a good bonus heal to your ship, although they do not clear debuffs, for more offense replace TSS with resonance beam or subspace vortex, maybe use a second TBR
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    PVP? Is that a thing in STO?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    There you go. Use what's been written above and you don't have to think about anything, just hit the spacebar to your hearts content while watching TV.

The good news is that Star Citizen is coming out next year and that's all about skill!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I'm guessing I played with you last night. Well, as far as all the BS kill combos out there, I don't think there is anything to be done. IMO, adding boff abilities that reduce resistance is part of the problem. You need to be running a very powerful tank (or speed tank) or they just run a SIC+Neut TS3 combo+[Insert lance type ability] and blow you to pieces.

Your FBP was "bouncing" off everyone, because many have resorted to torp spread damage builds. Frankly, you were hitting me fine, I was just draining your Aux while using a 4 sec immunity to get the hell away from part gens damage.

Also, the R&D particle manipulator trait was scaled back.

• Options
    I have a feeling the STO devs are going to have problems when Star Citizen comes out. If it's half the game Chris Roberts is promising it to be, it'll wipe the floor with pretty much all other space based MMOs.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I have a feeling the STO devs are going to have problems when Star Citizen comes out. If it's half the game Chris Roberts is promising it to be, it'll wipe the floor with pretty much all other space based MMOs.

Frankly, and I know a lot of people hate it, but I find myself playing SW:BF way more than STO lately. Ever since PvP went haywire with all the DR stuff that came out, it's less fun than it used to since now it's filled with placates, immunities, debuff clearing, and one shot kills.
  • Options
    There you go. Use what's been written above and you don't have to think about anything, just hit the spacebar to your hearts content while watching TV.

The good news is that Star Citizen is coming out next year and that's all about skill!

I can't wait until it comes out :3 but I con't have a good computer to run it :(
  • Options
    yoda2005 wrote: »
    The Zahl trait gives you immunity to all damage for about 8 seconds and increases your heals by I think 300%, use hazard and engineering team and you will probably be up to 100% again

It might not be the best but it is almost the same that I fly myself:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=rmorscienceboat_0
    Go 4 pc Solanae for getting that excellent set bonus, works like ablative generator and rsp together (if not disabled by viral torp or stuff like that), cluster torp has been replaced as it probably will not arrive at its target, TIF is expensive but great, add reciprocity and temporal insight trait, take pilot spec as primary one (maxed out), you'll be better in defense than it is now...

There is a lot to explain and maybe others will do better, if you have additional questions, just post them or hit me ingame, others will think different but imho, the setup I made myself is nice to start with and it is strong enough to survive queues and all the other stuff around (additionally, you could use those armor catalyst things, they work like a second hazard emitter and give a good bonus heal to your ship, although they do not clear debuffs, for more offense replace TSS with resonance beam or subspace vortex, maybe use a second TBR

Thanks for the tips, yoda! I'd love to go Solonae 4-piece, but my toon is only 18 mos old and missed the Sci Destroyer freebie with the core installed. Do you know of any other way to get that core?

Reciprocity is expensive on Exchange - I'll need to grind for that one. Temp Insight looks easier as it available by completing the Delta story line, correct?

Note: I do switch up from TBR/FBP to TBR/TBR from time to time, especially in PvE. I'll try dropping the cluster torp in favor of another Thoron infused or maybe one of the newer Withering photons.

Also, I noticed you do run at least one Tac boff, which is different from me since I'm running 2x A2D doff'd for the extra resists. Maybe I'll try slotting a Tac for once to boost my Torp dmg.

Again, thanks...

RCK

• Options
    Yeah...Zahl is awesome but only naabs who don't want to die use it! Real heroes die without fear!
    Joking... :p

Your not joking. That is the true way of a Klingon Warrior! It is a good day to die!
  • Options
    Star citizen will ruin our lives indeed... But it'll epic while doing so!
  • Options
    That will be the only thing missing form Star Citizen but it's still perfectly fine without it.