test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terran Reputation Singularity Core

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
So, how does the Terran Singularity Core stack up against, say, a Fleet Thoron-Infused Singularity Core? Or Fleet Singularity Cores in general? Assuming one also upgrades it to get the AMP mod, is the extra 10 subsystem power really worth it compared to just keeping a Fleet Core that already has the AMP mod?
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"

Comments

• Options
    I'm gonna assume from the fact that no one has popped in to sing its praises, that it is as underwhelming as it seems.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't have one, but I have read up on it over on reddit.

General impression is that it's not worth it. The core does not grant a flat bonus to power levels, it provides a slow increase in power levels as it's used. The energy build up however, takes so long to build to any useful level that it's generally not considered a highly useful core. You have to spend a very high amount of time at Red Alert in order to get any real usefulness out of it.

Generally speaking, if you're going to dump the Dil to upgrade a Rep Core to UR to get AMP, the most worthwhile core to upgrade is the Iconian core. The leading alternative is still fleet spire core.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

General impression is that it's not worth it. The core does not grant a flat bonus to power levels, it provides a slow increase in power levels as it's used. The energy build up however, takes so long to build to any useful level that it's generally not considered a highly useful core. You have to spend a very high amount of time at Red Alert in order to get any real usefulness out of it.

Yeah, that was the impression I was getting as well, but I wanted to double-check. As a Romulan, anything that grants extra power usually catches my attention, but again, it doesn't seem like the little it grants is worth it.

Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Keep In mind the bonus power exceeds the 125 maximum.

So DPS players will get some use out of it.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Yeah, that was the impression I was getting as well, but I wanted to double-check. As a Romulan, anything that grants extra power usually catches my attention, but again, it doesn't seem like the little it grants is worth it.

Thanks for the response.

I was interested for my Romulan as well, but after reading peoples experience with it, I was just as disappointed as you.
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Keep In mind the bonus power exceeds the 125 maximum.

So DPS players will get some use out of it.

DPS player will get far more use out of the Iconian 4pc team bonus. DPS league people won't touch this core.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I'll use it on my science builds, because you can never have enough power! Combined with the winter ships trait and OSS it will make my particle generator build hit like a brick wall.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    The higher cap makes it potentially worthwhile if you have PlasLeech and/or Supremacy to speed-buff your power levels.

But for straight DPS, the 4-pc Iconian grants a faster burst of firepower.