test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can fleet ships be sold in a different method?

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
It just hit me as I was scripting a reply as to why we need to "fleet jump" to buy ships.

Because the ships are sold through the shipyard interface, not a "standard vendor".

So, if all of a sudden, a vendor popped up in the starbase, selling bind-to-character "boxed" fleet ships based on the spawning fleet's current levels - much like event ships are - we could bypass the whole fleet-jump thing and buy ships like we do guns, hangar pets, and all the other assorted fleet stuffs...

Can this happen for the post-thanksgiving patch?
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]

Comments

• Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    The problem with fleet ships is the currency used to buy them is dependent on a limited (to impossible to obtain) currency. Fleet credit is linked to fleet reputation projects and after the fleet reputation is done, then the only source is the occasional fleet mark dump started by the fleet leaders. Even when the fleet is growing, the opportunity to dump marks into projects is based on timing, not possessing fleet marks. The fleet rep just needs an automatic system which allows for surplus fleet marks to be turned in for credit (similar to dil ore conversion crystal). This ability, of course, would be limited to completed fleet reps and still depend on the fleet having the resources to make ships. Overall, the problem is not being able to convert fleet marks to credits when the only avenue is closed or not fully accessible to all players.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    As long as said boxes would remain Bound-to-Character-on-Pickup, I don't see why not. Would be an efficient workaround I guess.

Its gonna be tough getting that message through to everybody though.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    The problem with fleet ships is the currency used to buy them is dependent on a limited (to impossible to obtain) currency. Fleet credit is linked to fleet reputation projects and after the fleet reputation is done, then the only source is the occasional fleet mark dump started by the fleet leaders. Even when the fleet is growing, the opportunity to dump marks into projects is based on timing, not possessing fleet marks. The fleet rep just needs an automatic system which allows for surplus fleet marks to be turned in for credit (similar to dil ore conversion crystal). This ability, of course, would be limited to completed fleet reps and still depend on the fleet having the resources to make ships. Overall, the problem is not being able to convert fleet marks to credits when the only avenue is closed or not fully accessible to all players.

This was partialy fixed with the armada system. If you have allied fleets you can contribute to their projects and earn credits in your own fleet. That said the fleet system of earnig credits is kind of borked. I'd like to see the fleet bank deposits of EC and higher rarity/level gear give credits.