test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

They went there! (post war era #3)

fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
Seems our buddy Daniels is making an appearance in the latest blog. With all the temporal goings-on we have been having Im surprised he waited this long to show up

Edit: not a complaint I rather liked his character

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Hopefully...

#More Xindi
    #Scott Bacula (time travel episode)
    #Jeffery Combs (time travel episode)
    #Enterprise-J (visit only); let's keep this city ship away from the playable fleet
    #Suliban (playable)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Lol jeffrey coombs in any number of roles he had so many (and mainline roles to boot). Shran being the best of course
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I would say there's no chance of Bacula. But the rest is definitely possible. Shran support craft to replace the deltas and pirates. Please make it so. Now we're even pinkskin.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I would say there's no chance of Bacula. But the rest is definitely possible. Shran support craft to replace the deltas and pirates. Please make it so. Now we're even pinkskin.

He could do voice recording between making NCIS: New Orleans episodes.
    But I guess it all depends on if the price is right for both parties involved.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    #Enterprise-J (visit only); let's keep this city ship away from the playable fleet

What? Don't want a feddie ship hogging instances and pushing Scimitars (and most other Rommie vessels BTW) out of interact range? :tongue:
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

He could do voice recording between making NCIS: New Orleans episodes.
    But I guess it all depends on if the price is right for both parties involved.
    B)

Most Trek actors we got for voice over roles are not really A-list or aren't that busy atm. With the notable exception of Jeri Ryan, who can be seen quite regularly in high profile shows. Cryptic would probably need to sell Neverwinter to get the Shat. B)
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    He gets paid well for his priceline gig. I don't think the issue would be the coin... it would be the Shat wanting Creative control. Wait hold on, Cryptics writers are terribad. Hiring the Shat would be a win win he'd do the writing for free and it would have to be better then what the Cryptic kids come up with.
  • whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Just read that blog, I'll I can say is....
    SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif
    [*] It Just Got Real
    [/b]
    @dareau - do you realise just how big the Enterprise-J is suppose to be? That thing would easily dwarf DS9 several times over. Think Stargate Atlantis. ;)

@qjunior - Let's leave Shatner the hell alone. Guy has ego the size of the Herald fleet. He's a has been. On top of that, as already suggested, he'd cost too much.

@valoreah - I disagree. I thought ST:Enterprise is a truer example of what space exploration would be like for us. It was dark, gritty, none of this utopian rubbish. It didn't take off because a lot of fans wanted a continuation rather than a prequel so stupidly boycotted. Same thing happened with SG:Universe, fans are the reason these shows lost out. People just can't accept change.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    Great. :| Now all I can hope for is a short-lived arc so we can get back to something better than that which really was the doom of ST:Ent from the start.
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    The shat?

So that's where that variation of another 'S' word came from? Can't believe I never noticed that... lol
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    The shat?

So that's where that variation of another 'S' word came from? Can't believe I never noticed that... lol

Oh, oops. I didn't even notice that. ;)
  • teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I rather liked the cold war arc actually. It was specific BS like that God-awful-should-have-been-flushed-down-a-urinal borg episode that made me want to drop-kick a kitten. :s
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    qjunior wrote: »
    Cryptic would probably need to sell Neverwinter to get the Shat. B)

I have absolutely no problem with that at all. ;)

HQroeLu.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    qjunior wrote: »
    Cryptic would probably need to sell Neverwinter to get the Shat. B)

I have absolutely no problem with that at all. ;)

HQroeLu.jpg
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I agree, Enterprise was good but along with many other things people are fickle creatures of habit that prefer to have the same boring TRIBBLE rehashed repeatedly to absolute exhaustion. One need look no further than their local movie theater to see that. SGU I may slightly disagree on as I believe it took everything that made Stargate amazing and tossed it in the trash becoming another generic drama. I liked Stargate because it never took itself too seriously and was always more fun and lighthearted than other big name science fiction franchises. That's not to say SGU wasn't good it just didn't feel Stargate enough. Enterprise being a prequel however, it had a reason for the difference in tone.

The temporal cold war was an interesting idea even if the execution may have been somewhat convoluted. Ofcourse they didn't get any time to expand upon it so I reserve judgement. On the other hand, the Xindi arc and Indeed the Xindi themselves are among the best things ever written in the entire franchise. Story arcs are generally avoided by Star Trek which is part of what makes it unique among science fiction shows but I think they add a nice element, especially if you want a bit of extra drama. The entire thing just feels more realistic and relatable then Gene Roddenberry's BS utopia nonsense.
    valoreah wrote: »
    Pretty sure the show got cancelled because it stunk on ice. That whole temporal cold war arc was among, if not the worst story arcs in all of Star Trek, if not all of science fiction.​​
    We're at an impasse then, because I thought it opened up a lot of doors, for a lot of potential. If you want to talk bad story arc, how about a ship that can survive all on it's lonesome in a distant part of the galaxy for seven whole years with an invisible shuttle bay and use more torpedos than it launched with.
    valoreah wrote: »
    I certainly would love to have the money Shatner has for being a "has been".​​
    I wouldn't mind the cash either, but that doesn't change anything. He's still an egotistical has been.

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Hopefully...

#More Xindi
    #Scott Bacula (time travel episode)
    #Jeffery Combs (time travel episode)
    #Suliban (playable)

I agree with all but the J...I don't want anything to do with that giant flying saucer with little twig nacelles.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    @dareau - do you realise just how big the Enterprise-J is suppose to be? That thing would easily dwarf DS9 several times over. Think Stargate Atlantis. ;)

@qjunior - Let's leave Shatner the hell alone. Guy has ego the size of the Herald fleet. He's a has been. On top of that, as already suggested, he'd cost too much.

@valoreah - I disagree. I thought ST:Enterprise is a truer example of what space exploration would be like for us. It was dark, gritty, none of this utopian rubbish. It didn't take off because a lot of fans wanted a continuation rather than a prequel so stupidly boycotted. Same thing happened with SG:Universe, fans are the reason these shows lost out. People just can't accept change.

Sorta off topic...but Universe was so slow to start...and while SG1 and Atlantis had some sexual tension and such...they didn't resort to sex every other episode to try and attract younger viewers like Universe did...also resorted to the lowest common denominator every chance they got to make sure EVERYONE knew the asian woman was a TRIBBLE...to either attract TRIBBLE viewers or young guys who want to see two women kiss.

Back on topic, Enterprise wasn't so bad...it was just all over the place and breaking canon in some spots...facts like the Borg and the Ferengi...the WW2 arc was also quite odd...especially when there were basically Federation time Police around to prevent such things...
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    With next year being the 50th. Adding Daniels would be a great way of using TOS and ENT characters. Bakula said he would do a 58th Ent season so I'm hopeful he will do some VO for STO. Koening, Bakula, Taki, Shatner, My list is full of hope lol
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    What I truly want Shatner to do is to give a bit of VO at the end of the Admirality system, telling us to go out there, where we mean something. That'd genuine be fun xD

As to Enterprise: amazing series, aired at the wrong time. After continuous Star Trek since the eighties people were pretty much done. I feel Enterprise had an amazing potential, which was cut short. It had epic arcs and very good episodes. I even felt it didn't have the slow start DS9 had. But it aired at the wrong time for people to still want to watch Trek weekly.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    "Enterprise" had it's good episodes here and there. But it was horribly inconsistent, and had too many bad episodes overshadowing the decent ones. Berman and Braga running the show, and writing many of the episodes, didn't help matters. It was almost as if they didn't freakin' care due to burnout and phoned in the scripts. Kudos to the actors who managed to do a decent job despite the TRIBBLE scripts they were handed more often than not.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    "Enterprise" had it's good episodes here and there. But it was horribly inconsistent, and had too many bad episodes overshadowing the decent ones. Berman and Braga running the show, and writing many of the episodes, didn't help matters. It was almost as if they didn't freakin' care due to burnout and phoned in the scripts. Kudos to the actors who managed to do a decent job despite the TRIBBLE scripts they were handed more often than not.

to be fair the same could be said of most of star trek. across all the series.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Berman and Braga are what ruined Enterprise... not the cold war arc. The cold war arc had potential... and there were a few good ones there... they had potential to use it in a way to bring it into line with what we know of the 24th century...

however this cold war has been hinted at and clearly foreshadowed in butterfly... if you're shocked by this, then either you weren't paying attention or you're clueless.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Sorta off topic...but Universe was so slow to start...and while SG1 and Atlantis had some sexual tension and such...they didn't resort to sex every other episode to try and attract younger viewers like Universe did...also resorted to the lowest common denominator every chance they got to make sure EVERYONE knew the asian woman was a TRIBBLE...to either attract TRIBBLE viewers or young guys who want to see two women kiss.
    you never actually watched the first season of Stargate did you?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

you never actually watched the first season of Stargate did you?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg