test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

kor BOP review

norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
First, thanks for FINALLY producing a BOP. And just like I said I would, I bought it first day. Hopefully you see how that works, I am probably not the only one who shelled out for one.

The ship is OK but not uber. I knew that going in, and its ok ... I love to fly a BOP and now I have another one in my collection. But, I was hoping for pilot skills or 5 weapons or something more t6ish. The norgy officer seats (uni cmdr and ltcmdrx2 is sweet) are a good thing. I was hoping for that elusive 5th tac console or 4th sci consoles. Honestly, lacking all this stuff, its only a gnat's hair better than my older BOPS in some regards and not even CLOSE to the cross faction lobi raider. Now that is a good ship...

What it does have is a console that replaces 1 weapon and 1 officer ability. That is pretty slick ... a rather nasty torp spread every so often, when you need it, its usually ready. It also has good cloaking ability. So you get effectively a 5th weapon, and its better than expected.

It falls a bit flat compared to the sci pilot raptor (effectivly the seating I want on my BOP, cmdr tac, ltcmdr sci, and peons below that).. but the raptor has the tac console and 5th weapon and pilot teleports out of danger and such. Flanking in most battles does not make up for the 100% uptime damage of a 5th weapon and 5th tac console.

So the final pros and cons...
you get flanking, uni officers for weird setups, a quasi 5th weapon that is pretty solid, bop aesthetics, good cloaking.
You don't get 5 real forward weapons, 5 dedicated consoles of one type, piloting, intel (still the most offensive capability).

If you love a BOP, its a small upgrade to your old ones. The console bomb alone is worth something (not 25 bucks, but its nice). The starship trait has merits at times for cannon users. And, for those that love them, its the platform. If not looking to buy it for a specific reason, the pilot raptor is a strong contender and think hard between them.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Comments

• Options
    ssiissuussiissuu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Something to add for other KDF who might be looking into this ship: the same old bug that was in the Fleet B'Rel is still present with the Kor. You cannot use the B'Rotlh skin on the Kor, despite the blog advertising explicitly that you can use the B'Rotlh skin on the Kor, if you own it.