Install Arc
Options

Ships that should be 5/3

13»

Comments

• Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    I see your point somewhat. However: before there were 20 breweries producing only lager. Now two are producing stout as well. Would you complain that your choices were limited because you can only choose between two stouts (and still 20 lagers, but you prefer stout)?

Beers are no Starships. A better analogy would be tools. Let's says me and my brother are lumber jacks. We use mild steel axes. But then hardened steel axes become available. I like the balance of my old axe a lot better, while my brother is completely happy with the new tool.
    Therefore I'm asking for a hardened steel version of my old axe. But, noooooo.

Some people immidiately went ballistic, screaming powercreap, oh noes ! Uhm, yeah, sure.

What's the difference between me flying one of the current fotm ships or a 5/3 T6 Galor or Vor'cha ?

I won't do more DPS flying such a ship, probably the contrary. But at least the difference wouldn't be that big anymore.
    And maybe, just maybe I could see actual Star Trek ships in a Star Trek game again when I join an advanced STF.

Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    xyquarze wrote: »
    I see your point somewhat. However: before there were 20 breweries producing only lager. Now two are producing stout as well. Would you complain that your choices were limited because you can only choose between two stouts (and still 20 lagers, but you prefer stout)?

Beers are no Starships. A better analogy would be tools. Let's says me and my brother are lumber jacks. We use mild steel axes. But then hardened steel axes become available. I like the balance of my old axe a lot better, while my brother is completely happy with the new tool.
    Therefore I'm asking for a hardened steel version of my old axe. But, noooooo.

Some people immidiately went ballistic, screaming powercreap, oh noes ! Uhm, yeah, sure.

What's the difference between me flying one of the current fotm ships or a 5/3 T6 Galor or Vor'cha ?

I won't do more DPS flying such a ship, probably the contrary. But at least the difference wouldn't be that big anymore.
    And maybe, just maybe I could see actual Star Trek ships in a Star Trek game again when I join an advanced STF.

Then use your old axe or get a new one...simply put...you either stay with the old or go with the new...can't have it both ways.