test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No portal animations for Herald ships?

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
I was lucky enough to snag a Vonph from a lockbox. But I noticed that it, hilariously, warps in and out of maps like any normal ship. Why don't these ships spawn into space maps through a portal? That alone would've made these ships way more enticing to have.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Probably too much to ask from them.
    Though the pets actually do use portals when they spawn.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Probably too much to ask from them.
    Though the pets actually do use portals when they spawn.

The Annorax has a custom warp animation, so its obviously possible.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Maybe they don't use portal animations because we... "liberated" them from the Iconians and we don't have full access to the Iconian Gateway network. All the gateway related abilities we have are short range, which might imply that they don't rely on the Gateway network itself.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Maybe they don't use portal animations because we... "liberated" them from the Iconians and we don't have full access to the Iconian Gateway network. All the gateway related abilities we have are short range, which might imply that they don't rely on the Gateway network itself.

This is the same answer I was going to post. It may be a similar principle to the Undine Fluidic Jump, which is short range and duration, but we can't take our Undine (or other ships using that console) on a full-on incursion into fluidic space, because either we don't understand the principles, or because the ships we took from them were broken--and that very problem is why we were actually *able* to capture them.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.