test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Woot! Finally, the T-6 Bird Of Prey.

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
Of course we still have to see the stats, but I like the pic. add to that, a new trait for cannon users...
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9624643-star-trek-online:-defiant-bundle-announcement

Starship Trait

Each of these starships can unlock the Withering Barrage starship trait by achieving level 5 in their Starship Mastery. While this trait is equipped, the duration of your Cannon: Scatter Volley is increased by 4 seconds.

My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.

Comments

• Options
    sadja4sadja4 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    When is it due to come out?
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Probably thursday, lately they've always released ships the same week they were officially announced.
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Shame the B'rel couldn't get the same model update as the defiant did through this, Negh'var is the only kdf one to get that so far. trait seems a bit weak as well but that's not limited to the BOP at least.

Still finally a T6 BoP, now I just pray they havent screwed up the stats.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    and may i say the klingons once again win the best looking design of the lot again.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    I have to admit, I do like the BoP more so than the other. That is not taking away from the work of the artists at all, It is just the most eye pleasing to me.

I reserve judgement of course on the T'varo at least until I see further angles.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    I'm curious whether they will actually try to 'update' the typical stats of a BoP somewhat to DR standards (giving them some more hull, or shields or maybe even the same amount of Boff slots and console slots as similarly Tiered ships). And even if not, I'm curious whether they'll give it the Fleet Norgh Boff layout or rather two Lt. slots and an Ensign.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    TIER 6 BIRD OF PREY!!!

Also, it looks fantastic, as Klingon ships in the game usually do. Ship guys did a great job with it. Hopefully the stats aren't dreadful, though...fingers crossed!
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Full Uni/Hybrid or not at all.

I was hoping for a Ning'tao or Hoh'sus-type design, but I guess that was asking too much.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Can we get the B’Rotlh ship renamed to Kang Class? Then all three TOS Klingons will have a BoP named after them. They already changed it from the D'Gamva to B’Rotlh, so maybe change it again please.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Love the look. I'm happy that the Kor descended from the B'rel. I'm curious how it might function but as a casual my dealbreaker would have been aesthetics. I'm expecting a similar ship cross faction with different costumes. I'd like a cross faction raider rather than another gunboat.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Love the look. I'm happy that the Kor descended from the B'rel. I'm curious how it might function but as a casual my dealbreaker would have been aesthetics. I'm expecting a similar ship cross faction with different costumes. I'd like a cross faction raider rather than another gunboat.

Likely it will be more in line with Iconic Pack with each ship in the bundle being fairly unique based off of their older models, rather than 3 of basically the same ship. Even the Battlecruiser pack had the Morrigu which was drastically different to the Kurak and Arbiter (which were highly similar).
    toiva wrote: »
    I'm curious whether they will actually try to 'update' the typical stats of a BoP somewhat to DR standards (giving them some more hull, or shields or maybe even the same amount of Boff slots and console slots as similarly Tiered ships). And even if not, I'm curious whether they'll give it the Fleet Norgh Boff layout or rather two Lt. slots and an Ensign.

That's a possibility, they did re-mix the Kolasi a bit (added hangar) and the Kara massively (lance and hangar added). It might be the Baltim is a prototype for newer raiders, like the Breen Plesh Brek being the prototype for Raider Flanking. Baltim has a full 13 BOff abilities, 5 fore weapons (unlikely to get back-ported, but who knows), and a 0.95 Shield mod (they'll drop that lower for C-Store/Fleet raiders, but still higher shield mod than usual factoring in the usual difference between Lobi and Fleet). Probably only one Lt. Comm Uni/Hybrid, with Hybrid likely being Pilot.
    Post edited by tom61sto on
  • Options
    Mornin' All.

<wipes eye buggers away>

so, I was thinking about this last night ,and it made me curious, But I wonder what the crew compliment will be on this new bird as well. I'm hoping it is still in the low teens, given the way that aspect of the game works.

Also, did the KDF ever get an energy draining quad weapon? I know the Roms and The Fed have one. But for the life of me, I can't remember if we ever got one. If not, this would be a great opportunity. Maybe with a 5/2 or slot set up. I imagine it fitting a dual purpose role as a torp boat or as a cannon ship with that kind of layout.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Mornin' All.

<wipes eye buggers away>

so, I was thinking about this last night ,and it made me curious, But I wonder what the crew compliment will be on this new bird as well. I'm hoping it is still in the low teens, given the way that aspect of the game works.

Also, did the KDF ever get an energy draining quad weapon? I know the Roms and The Fed have one. But for the life of me, I can't remember if we ever got one. If not, this would be a great opportunity. Maybe with a 5/2 or slot set up. I imagine it fitting a dual purpose role as a torp boat or as a cannon ship with that kind of layout.

The KDF quad cannons come with the T3 BoP refit, which is odd because the model doesn't even have four weapon hardpoints - you don't notice with the Sao Paolo, but the cannons on the Raiders are very prominent and they could have just doubled them per wing, but meh. I guess the T6 B'Rel will have a little bit more crew than it's canonical, the T5 retrofit has 30 while 12+officers are canonical.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    A thousand thank you's @angrytarg . I could have sworn we had them, but I wasn't sure. Looks like I'll be picking up that ship as well.

I agree as well, I'm very interested in seeing the hard points on the new ship. I know back in the day, when we had to level by PvP Cannons and torps seemed to be my go to. Of course so much has changed, but still, with the new torp benefits, and the added + From the ships trait to cannons, Man This ship is going to be a fun one to pilot.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    They most likely did not do much change with the Klingon bird of prey (B'rel) due to most of us KDF are more for the canon classic look of our ships like this one so was good they didn't change it too much. Yeah just glad we are getting a T6 version and hopefully they did something to improve the whole enhanced battle cloak issue since b'rel and t'varo are coming out together with defiant.
  • Options
    tom61sto wrote: »

That's a possibility, they did re-mix the Kolasi a bit (added hangar) and the Kara massively (lance and hangar added). It might be the Baltim is a prototype for newer raiders, like the Breen Plesh Brek being the prototype for Raider Flanking. Baltim has a full 13 BOff abilities, 5 fore weapons (unlikely to get back-ported, but who knows), and a 0.95 Shield mod (drop for C-Store/Fleet raiders, but still higher than usual). Probably only one Lt. Comm Uni/Hybrid, with Hybrid likely being Pilot.

Yup, after we got an evidently better BoP in almost everything in the Baltim, one is led to believe they'd at least try something, but I really don't want to prime myself for disappointment.
    I'm not sure if I misunderstand you, but 0.95 is well above normal Raider (0.8) or even Fleet Raider (0.88) shield mods.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    @tom61sto

I'm happy with that as well but I've been away for a while and was expecting the cross faction ship to be a copy/paste across the three with custom visuals. I forgot about the negh'var/galaxy/d'deridex set; Really enjoyed that one because it had something special for all my faction captains :) . I hope you are right. That would be awesome.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

That's a possibility, they did re-mix the Kolasi a bit (added hangar) and the Kara massively (lance and hangar added). It might be the Baltim is a prototype for newer raiders, like the Breen Plesh Brek being the prototype for Raider Flanking. Baltim has a full 13 BOff abilities, 5 fore weapons (unlikely to get back-ported, but who knows), and a 0.95 Shield mod (drop for C-Store/Fleet raiders, but still higher than usual). Probably only one Lt. Comm Uni/Hybrid, with Hybrid likely being Pilot.

Yup, after we got an evidently better BoP in almost everything in the Baltim, one is led to believe they'd at least try something, but I really don't want to prime myself for disappointment.
    I'm not sure if I misunderstand you, but 0.95 is well above normal Raider (0.8) or even Fleet Raider (0.88) shield mods.

I mean a non-lockbox raider would have lower than 0.95, meaning they would drop that number lower when making a Fleet version, and even lower for C-Store. I think that factoring in the difference between Lobi store and Fleet ships, that it'll come out higher than 0.88 for a comparable Fleet level raider based off this template.

I didn't word that very well the first time.
  • Options
    Well stats are up, sadly its a 4/2 weapon layout as expected, boff layout is still good, fleet norgh base, no 5 tac consoles but the BoP can use the 4th engi considering its fragile hull.

But holy TRIBBLE they remembered the T1 C-store b'rel had a console so we get a 2 piece set bonus the same as the defiant refit.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Good lord - 4 universal BOFF's , raider flanking and enhanced battle cloak ?

Thats an 'I win' button if I ever saw one.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    narthais wrote: »
    Well stats are up, sadly its a 4/2 weapon layout as expected, boff layout is still good, fleet norgh base, no 5 tac consoles but the BoP can use the 4th engi considering its fragile hull.

But holy TRIBBLE they remembered the T1 C-store b'rel had a console so we get a 2 piece set bonus the same as the defiant refit.

That does happen from time to time. When they made it before, and then again, the console pieces come together for a nice bonus. I don't think they so much forget to offer set bonuses, as much as given there were no previous editions with consoles, there were no bonuses to be had. This happens as a result of the bad business practice of being guided by spite, even vengeance than profit (the failure of the Borta-TRIBBLE). I am not a fan of KDF ships being left out in the cold at T5. We can decide to fault them for the sins of the past given the effect they have on today's T6 ships. I however decide to look at the glass half full, and after a few gulps, then call it all gone. :)
    Post edited by kyrrok on
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    narthais wrote: »

I was expecting Cryptic to forget about the EIC Console from the T1 B'Rel. Very surprised they remembered that. The T6 B'Rel came out good.

There's still other BOP options.

T6 Norgh with the full BOFF skill count and -1 console slot would be interesting.

A T6 BOP with 5 TAC would be very nice. Maybe a T6 Hegh'ta? Hegh'ta never got a T5 C-Store nor Fleet version. Not even a cheapo 200k FC version in the fleet shipyards and was ignored more than the Guramba. Hegh'ta's possible conversion to T6 has all kinds of potential because there's very little to base the conversion on.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Well, as noted, the Kor at least got the Fleet Norgh Boff layout. That's good. Unfortunately not any other buff, mostly as expected. I'm just a little puzzled about the blog mentioning a quantum torp console for both the Valiant and Kor now. It might be a eftover in the blog from when both ships were supposed to get a photon one and wasn't well corrected, but it might also be that all the whining just made KDF get a quantum torp console...

• Options
    I actually had a character flying a fleet hos'us (the abort's aquarius version) that runs 5 tac but its survivability was almost non-existent and the look of it was frankly terrible, also the wings weren't animated.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Good lord - 4 universal BOFF's , raider flanking and enhanced battle cloak ?

Thats an 'I win' button if I ever saw one.

CDR, Lcdr x2 and Lt... Are there pilot powers to enhance a bomber?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    not sure about bombing, but lock trajectory can be used to charge and opponent head on then spin and hit them with fore weapons for flanking damage as you pass. I don't recall what the other pilot powers might help with, Hold Together may help survivability issues maybe?
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Am I the only one underwhelmed by the stats? I see no real reason to upgrade from a t5 B'rel. I mean, Pilot ships are more impressive. I'm not feeling it at all, sadly.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    Well, as noted, the Kor at least got the Fleet Norgh Boff layout. That's good. Unfortunately not any other buff, mostly as expected. I'm just a little puzzled about the blog mentioning a quantum torp console for both the Valiant and Kor now. It might be a eftover in the blog from when both ships were supposed to get a photon one and wasn't well corrected, but it might also be that all the whining just made KDF get a quantum torp console...

The quantum console for the Kor might be a misprint. I've seen a lot of Feds pleading for a switchover to quantum. Not so much here for the Kor.
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Am I the only one underwhelmed by the stats? I see no real reason to upgrade from a t5 B'rel. I mean, Pilot ships are more impressive. I'm not feeling it at all, sadly.

Another satisfied customer! :D
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »

Not underwhelmed, but disappointed.
    It could have been usable if it had a 4/3 weapons layout and 4 Sci consoles.
    Pilot...really Cryptic?

Verdict:
    New player at 50?...buy it.
    Have the T5 B'rel?...pass.
    How depressing.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    rezking wrote: »
    Not underwhelmed, but disappointed.
    It could have been usable if it had a 4/3 weapons layout and 4 Sci consoles.
    Pilot...really Cryptic?

Verdict:
    New player at 50?...buy it.
    Have the T5 B'rel?...pass.
    How depressing.

4/3 or 5/2 was never going to happen, its a Raider not an Escort, Raiders have never had more than 6 weapon slots. Holding faint hope for 5/1 like the herald Raider, that was potentially possible, though unlikely when looking at cryptics T5 to T6 re-releases, they have always kept the same weapon layout as their T5 version. 7 slots wasn't going to happen from the start.