test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did you play Nukara or Defera Invasion Ground?

birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
Nukara and Defera Invasion are no more as of 10/31. No news of the change at all.

Did you play Nukara or Defera Invasion Ground? 122 votes

Yes
91%
sabre10reiklingraiderturbionapedilbertf2pdrakroncommanderkassyberginsshpoksthehatchdivvydavedabelgraveilithynbaddmoonrizinguljarolbejaymacsmilegcb2#3786daveynyrybaksixdaniela1055thestargaze 112 votes
No
7%
talonxvviko2145kodachikunoscarlingthatcursedwolfearwigvr6cassiusdiofatman592officerbatman81 9 votes
Don't Know
0%
garaks31 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    Logged in to discover my missions got dropped. Went to Nukara and Defera Invasion to verify there are no more missions. Apparently they just disappeared today, 10/31. This is disappointing to anyone who needed a playable area for borg, tholian or fleet marks. The dilithium was good also.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Yes
    So automatically jumping to the conclusion they've been removed? Interesting.
  • Options
    shepard05shepard05 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yes
    I was actually on when it happened I was just starting to play it and then all of the sudden. Defera and Nukara missions were all gone.
  • Options
    everquest2#3486 everquest2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yes
    bug trek online strikes again
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Fleet alert is also missing. I don't think it was Cryptic's intention to remove it.
  • Options
    Yes
    Ok, I see the bug forum post now. Could it simply be bugged so bad it has to be disabled? Not really much info there, either. Defera has been bugged since the day it was released. I have no idea why this affects Nukara as well. Some kind of communication would be nice.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    birkep wrote: »
    Ok, I see the bug forum post now. Could it simply be bugged so bad it has to be disabled? Not really much info there, either. Defera has been bugged since the day it was released. I have no idea why this affects Nukara as well. Some kind of communication would be nice.

I doubt that's it, but who knows? Though it wouldn't make much sense to me to disable some zones and missions (especially during the weekend) without giving a warning. They communicated it last time and given that some bug hunters are on it, it's likely unintended and I guess they'll be looking into it soon.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Yes
    I really hope not, those are my absolute favourite in the game. They CAN'T remove this!!!! Improve sure, and even fix the bugs but remove.. noo!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    With Nakura, can you Beam Down at least or is that blocked as well? The reason I ask is you have to go down there to get your T5 Rep Rewards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Well they are both Battlezones of the old style. If they are looking to revamp to the new style that is ok, but some official commentary would be appreciated.

A person in another thread said that for Defera when he got dumped out of the Battlezone the city was different and had more updated graphics, so who knows what their intentions are. I know people commented on Tribble that Defera was not available at all during the S11 testing. Don't recall comments about Nakura.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Yes
    Defera Invasion is the only part of the game I still play.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yes
    Nukara was the place i went to when i wanted to do something i don't usually do, god i hope it hasn't been removed

Defera too is a place where i'd go to too for a change of scenery.

Both these BZs need a little love and attention but if they have been removed it's a bad decision imo.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Yes
    Defera was supposed to be taken down, but not Nukera...
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yes
    shepard05 wrote: »
    I was actually on when it happened I was just starting to play it and then all of the sudden. Defera and Nukara missions were all gone.

Ha was I in your team when that happened? I screamed Q!!!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Yes
    yes i played them but wasn't a fan. while Nukara was ok i hated Defera it was boring and if its been removed it wont effect me much (but replacing it with an improved one would be better)
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yes
    Hmm. Yeah, that's where I got Omega & Nukara marks, when I wasn't getting them via Summer & Winter events. I don't really do STFs. Especially on my crappy-geared alts.

edit: I didn't do them often, though.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Yes
    I've slowly been getting those two reps done with my Delta Recruit...
    Now, I guess I'll just work on her DOff'n and maybe a bit of the Dyson rep.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Yes
    It finally occurred to me that an exploit would explain the abrupt disable of the entire zone. Making a major change in the middle of a weekend with no comment is certainly unusual.

As for an intended removal, there has been no mention from official sources. Some said the borg behavior was updated, which would be appropriate. There was also mention of texture updates. That doesn't sound like they intend to remove Defera.

It would be nice if fleet marks was an option in all the battlezone maps. The pve sources are not very rewarding. Doffing just got a whole lot harder with the sector missions gone.
  • Options
    Yes
    yes i played them but wasn't a fan. while Nukara was ok i hated Defera it was boring and if its been removed it wont effect me much (but replacing it with an improved one would be better)

@nickcastleton affect, not effect.

Defera isn't boring if you have a maxed out tr-116b :D
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Yes
    I don't recall anything about either one being taken down/changed/played with that effected them in anyway.

Defari was good for the bnps and fleet marks, my fleet went there a lot just for the marks itself, best time to mark ratio spent for us.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yes

It's also giant stacks of fun for peeps who are melee masters.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Yes

It's also giant stacks of fun for peeps who are melee masters.

less annoying than the advanced runs with the stacks of assimilation nanites.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Yes
    defera: yes
    nukara: no, i hate Tholians
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    Yes
    I played both, I have one toon that has 30 Nukara marks left and is half way through the Nukara rep, that battle zone was great for a quick run for marks and some decent drops.

Defera was bugged yes but we were so use to it that I don't think a lot of people cared about it, it was a good source of BNP's for those that didn't run STF's and the dill and marks were good, so why take it out completely. It says look in the journal for when the events take place but there is nothing in there!

Not a happy kitty at the moment! fox-14.giftiger-14.gif​​
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Yes
    NTTE & NSDTE can be queued for, but when you beam into them, your path is blocked by a forcefield. The queues are not completable. This sucks. The soldiers of /subcomms, including me, used these queues daily.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • Options
    Do Crystalline Entity or Tholian Red Alerts for Nakura Marks.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yes
    If a complete redo of the entire battlezone is in store for Defera and it is restored in short order, then all is forgiven if and when that happens. But if that's the reason Defera is shutdown, why is Nukara gone too? I'm not liking the looks of this.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Do Crystalline Entity or Tholian Red Alerts for Nakura Marks.

tholian will only give you 35 marks a day

I hope these removals are not permanent
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Yes
    Or the Zefram Cochrane Shotgun. Use something like graviton spike or seismic agitation field to wrangle them together, then shotgun-burn whole groups of borg down at a time. Apparently, because borg adaptation doesn't cover a shotgun to the face. :)

Seriously though, I hope these zones are being modernized, not removed entirely. If they are on the way out, getting omega and nukara marks pretty much just got limited to queued content (which I don't care for, despite being geared for them) and holiday pet exchanges. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I enjoyed them both. As they offer solo action as well group. I don't get far into the Nukura Rep, so I usually go a couple Tiers into it. Cause I think its fun to do. The Borg one isn't bad either. I'm about done with my Omega Goals.

I hope they get those places back on line soon.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
This discussion has been closed.