test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

fed, kdf or rom?

verusisraelverusisrael Member Posts: 93 Arc User
Thinking bout getting the sheshar, I have a fed, kdf and a rom who all have decent amounts of work on them but I'm not sure who to open the ship on. my fed is technically the farthest along, but I have more disruptor based stuff on my rom and kdf. rom obviously has the extra crit, but are elite disruptors still really good or should I just open the ship on my farthest along toon? I really only respect the opinions of people who frequent this part of the forum for advice in these matters. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    as i got the sheshar myself, got like the same config in terms of toons and no one shows up, i'll just drop my worthless opinion ;):
    - unpacked it on my main (fed-tac), just because it's the main and i look at him like on an allrounder (the others are more
    specialized toons)
    - rom rules in terms of almost everything, so: best bet in terms of damage is always a rom in nowadays environment, if you ask
    me
    - elite disruptors rock for sure (not really checked the output for a long time though), in terms of mods still top-notch imo
    - i use biomatter disruptors myself, for the 4,5% modchance for radiation damage (after 8secs, that's the down)
    - there are better ships for pve imo. i prefer the palisade, the nicor (or just the nandi if there's no nicor) and the fleet-
    reconnaissance sci-vessel t5-u, as it's the only ship i know with 5 sci cons and 4 tac cons ;) (no idea about t6's in whole). it
    only got 2 tac boff seats (ens, lt), but one can get enough out of those imo. even more on a tac-party build :D.

well, as for pvp: i enjoyed it when i still pvp'ed. threw a dhc build on it and it performed great for it's size :)! nowadays may could get hard with dhc's lol. but always worth a shot, at least if you got the zippy-doff, helmsman and pack a lot of fleet-turn-cons (whatever they're called, i'm glad i forgot ;D) with +allres.

conclusion: sell it and get a nicor, fleet-recon sci-vessel or something else u'll enjoy for less ec and with more sci/tac cons, as those are the only really standing ship-quality-confining points left imo (who cares about cooldowns nowadays lol) ;).
    on the other hand i think i'm just a 30k dps'er, so... ;D...
  • Options
    wast33 wrote: »
    conclusion: sell it and get a nicor, fleet-recon sci-vessel or something else u'll enjoy for less ec and with more sci/tac cons, as those are the only really standing ship-quality-confining points left imo (who cares about cooldowns nowadays lol) ;).

so besides looking awesome and being a new shiny toy it sounds like the sheshar isn't worth it. my fleetmate has a nicor and swears by it, those 4 sci consoles are looking like they are worth it. I'm hitting about 30k dps in my jhdc and was looking for something with a bit more punch.

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    wast33 wrote: »

so besides looking awesome and being a new shiny toy it sounds like the sheshar isn't worth it. my fleetmate has a nicor and swears by it, those 4 sci consoles are looking like they are worth it. I'm hitting about 30k dps in my jhdc and was looking for something with a bit more punch.

i hit about 20k+ with my jdhc on a single-cannon build. so i think u probably would get more out of the nicor than me. in terms of layout and options the nicor is one of the best imo! of course always depends on personal taste, but in whole just an almost perfect layout for cons and boffs (t5-u/t6... %§$%!). +only dhc capable ship i can think off with 8 weapon slots (edit: chel'grett as well). nimble turnrate, all single-beams: also nice.
    i'd agree to that the sheshar is more of a vanity ship. probably best dreadnought i know though, at least referring to a dhc build. fun to fly, nothing outstanding.
  • Options
    so I started during beta, derped around for about a year not really understanding the game. then I bought a garumba and started really getting "into character" wanting to kill feds. enter pvp. then I realized....holy TRIBBLE...I'v been playing this game ALL wrong. ah, the halcyon days. so I took a year off when delta rising came out, really got sick and tired of the grind and the constant need to spend money to be relevant. Came back when I saw the new garumba and....nothing has changed....well its only gotten worse, and the only guides out there are for pve. honestly question: how does anyone stay awake playing pve? The only interesting part of this game is when you fight an actual living human being. I bet the first time most people got sub nuc'ed was when they played against the iconians for the first time. they must have been so confused. poor casuals.....
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    So do I, stupid Mac client is ruining my PVP
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    My T6 Fleet B'rel will get u soon Sally >:D
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Open the Sheshar on the Rom toon, believe me. Btw, it hardly depends on the build you're going to make, so maybe more infos may help.
    Ps: crafted weapons with [Pen] are far more efficient of elite dirsuptor proc, so they are just old imho
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Oh I miss hunting BoPs and T'varos in my fleet defiant. Those were the days were you actually had to think. Now I just sleep through PvE.
  • Options
    I have already blown the dust off my troll'varo.
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Hunting trolls was what my vape counter-vape build fleet defiant was made for shame it's all insta-kill or immunities at the moment.