test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: List of ships available as Mission Rewards

I don't know if this already has been compiled somewhere, but with the Admiralty system it would be great to have a list of all the ships that can be obtained through Missions/Mission Replay.
screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Temporal Ambassador is the only mission that awards a ship for missions / replays. Other missions HAD rewards at one time during an event, like the Kobali for Dust to Dust, but they all stopped giving you the ship once the event was over.

NO SHIP FOR YOU!!
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    TRIBBLE I thought there were more over the years. :/

Well that certainly makes the list easy then.
  • robbie222222robbie222222 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    the dyson science hybrid and the iconian carrier are two more freebees, You can only buy them now.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Um correction, the Solenae Dyson Science Destroyer and the Kobali Samsar Cruiser were never available from an episode play through. They were obtained from doing a daily grind for 30 days or so from the 4th and 5th anniversary events respectively. Dont discount all that grinding people did and say you can get it from playing one episode.

What you got from Dust to dust episode was three of the four pieces of the Kobail sspace set.
    Oh well, picked up the Kamarag for my Klink. He has a grand total of 11 ship cards for Admiralty now. :/
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Here you go. A list of all playable ships in the game for all 3 factions. Cross faction ships are at the bottom. Click each ship to see how to obtain it. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship#Types

*Note: any ships in the list that have red text are ships that don't have their own wiki page yet. There are only a few and they're all fleet ships, so it's obvious how to get them anyway. The only ships you can get as episode rewards is a T3 Ambassador class for Feds or a T3 Kamarag Battlecruiser for KDF, both from the Temporal Ambassador episode. The ships come in a box and you can replay the episode to get a replacement if you want. Romulans can get the ship for the faction they're allied with, so don't forget that since it's a free ship for admirality.
    Um correction, the Solenae Dyson Science Destroyer and the Kobali Samsar Cruiser were never available from an episode play through. They were obtained from doing a daily grind for 30 days or so from the 4th and 5th anniversary events respectively. Dont discount all that grinding people did and say you can get it from playing one episode.

What you got from Dust to dust episode was three of the four pieces of the Kobail sspace set.

The Kobali Uniform was the limited time reward for completing that episode. So far it hasn't made a return and lots of players have been wanting it for their delta recruits, which came some time after the outfit was no longer available. A dev posted recently somewhere in the art section of the forums that he would ask about it. So far no word yet.

Oh and, http://sto.gamepedia.com/Obelisk_Carrier the obilesk carrier was a limited time episode reward. It was later added as a fleet type ship requiring 2 fleet ship modules and a fleet spire tier 1. The thing is the free version from the limited time episode reward can't be upgraded to T5-U, not for free or with an upgrade token (I actually have a couple left and finally opened the box on 1 of them to add it to the admirality system). I believe the the one you buy with fleet ship modules can be upgraded, at least it should be possible considering the cost and requirements.
    Here you go. A list of all playable ships in the game for all 3 factions. Cross faction ships are at the bottom. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship#Types
    Yes I've seen the comprehensive list. I was mistakenly thinking there were several mission reward ships aside from Temporal Ambassador so thought a list of just those would be handy.
    Click each ship to see how to obtain it.
    Yeah that's what I was trying to avoid. :) Thanks though.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

The Kobali Uniform was the limited time reward for completing that episode. So far it hasn't made a return and lots of players have been wanting it for their delta recruits, which came some time after the outfit was no longer available. A dev posted recently somewhere in the art section of the forums that he would ask about it. So far no word yet.

You are both right that these were among the rewards for these missions, but both also rewarded you with 40% of the event rep items that you needed for the ship on the first playthrough for each character. So you didn't get the ship simply for doing the mission, but you did get a significant portion of the required event currency for that one playthrough. The "grind' was only 15 times doing a simple (moreso in 2014, since the travel time made 2015's considerably longer to do) minigame during a roughly 28 day period.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Something to check into anyway: I realized on some of my newer characters I had leveled, I never spent the free ship tokens on level up, as I had enough c-store ships across the levels to not have to. Worth looking at, I picked up a few here and there like that.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    Temporal Ambassador is the only mission that awards a ship for missions / replays. Other missions HAD rewards at one time during an event, like the Kobali for Dust to Dust, but they all stopped giving you the ship once the event was over.

NO SHIP FOR YOU!!

Don't forget the 3 year oddy giveaway​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Here you go. A list of all playable ships in the game for all 3 factions. Cross faction ships are at the bottom. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship#Types
    Yes I've seen the comprehensive list. I was mistakenly thinking there were several mission reward ships aside from Temporal Ambassador so thought a list of just those would be handy.

you may be thinking about the ships you often got after early missions while levelling up, these are not mission rewards but rank promotion rewards and are a 1 time issue, you cannot reclaim them if they are dismissed.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    I believe the admirality strategy is to flop missions as fast as you can in combo with beating easy ones.

That way you can push through to the ones that matter.

Don't get me wrong, since I never leveled under the DR regime, admirality is great, almost a return to normal exp, for me personally but I assume people posting on here are mostly whales that got done grinding the game out in late january, and have no use for admirality minus the mission chains.

SO, it's not really about having missions up constantly and trying to beat all of them, rather to discard all the ones in your way.

I just slot a trash ship in whatever alone knowing it's going to fail, to get to the 20 hour chain ones.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    My first two assignments garnered me 12 PASS rewards of which I've only had to use three so far to find the "jucy" ones.
    I like it!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    you may be thinking about the ships you often got after early missions while levelling up, these are not mission rewards but rank promotion rewards and are a 1 time issue, you cannot reclaim them if they are dismissed.
    That may be so.

My main Fed has the original T1 Light Cruiser, but my alt Fed does not. Cryptic is kind enough to let me "buy" that starter ship for only 1,751 Dil though. ;)

• damienstormdamienstorm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    you do get a free ship as 1000 day veteran reward and it comes with free ship upgrade chimera destroyer
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    You can do Time and Tide and get the Admiralty Bundle every single 30 minutes if you want more starships. Even though you have to replay it a lot of times to do it though.

It rewards 1 Admiralty Ship (Once on use) and a Pass Token.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    And the first time you do Time & Tide you get a permanent Admiralty card, the Pastak, which is really nice because it nullifies any science event modifiers.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    *Zaps the Zombie*
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.