test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admiralty: Did someone forget to make a pass on "one time use" card powers?

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
So I ran a mission, and drew a one time use ship card as the reward.
Specifically, the "Heavy Destroyer [T6]". Conveniently sits right above my "forever" version of the same ship.

Now, the power for the HDT6 is "-25% maintenance per Sci ship"...

Makes me wonder - how useful is reduced maintenance on a one-time use ship, that has "X" for a maintenance time? Is there a "stealth" percentage chance that I'll keep the card for a second use? Is it "designed" to be a wasted power? As the title says, did someone forget to make a pass on the one-time cards to give them all "useful" powers?

Because, as far as I can tell, "reduced maintenance time" only affects the card it's on...
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    Because, as far as I can tell, "reduced maintenance time" only affects the card it's on...

Well, if that's true the bonus card's power is completly pointless.
    I guess they just used the normal cards as templates for the consumeable ones and didn't look too deep into it...
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    -% Maintenance adjustments should affect all Ships slotted in that Assignment.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    That's good to know; I had previously believed it to only affect the specific ship with that ability.

Some of the other oddities I've noticed:

Is there a functional difference between 'and' and 'or' in these:
    +8 TAC per EngShip and TacShip
    +8 TAC per EngShip or SciShip

Was this meant to be per EngShip:
    +10 ENG per Cruiser (D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser Retrofit)​​
  • Options

Interesting...

Thank you for the information... :)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

I think "should" is the operative word in this statement...

• Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    the thing is, even a reduction of 25% on maintenance has almost no value as youre still not going to be able to use it for a day anyhow.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    the thing is, even a reduction of 25% on maintenance has almost no value as youre still not going to be able to use it for a day anyhow.

Depends... Yeah, hitting a -25% maintenance time on an 18 hour T6 "reduces" it to 13 1/2 hours, but slapping maintenance cuts on a 12 hour T5 or even a 4 hour T3 can "recycle" ships quicker - which I like to do when hitting up the Admiralty boards on a morning / lunch / post-work / bedtime schedule...

And once in a while I can "stack" them - just have to experiment to confirm that stacking my fleet of -25%, -10%, -10% really gets the ships back in almost half the time...