test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warp Core Engineer Doffs

We can only slot one, even though they may have different abilities. Why can't I slot Zeibo and Keel'el? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Because some of those abilities are pretty significant. Just like many things, you have to choose. Not "Choose and have everything."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Of course you have to choose since you only have 6 doff slots. But it's ok to run 3 copies of Hamlet? But it's not ok to have two warp core engineers with completely different abilities? Like I said, makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    please be a little more specific..........​​
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Of course you have to choose since you only have 6 doff slots. But it's ok to run 3 copies of Hamlet? But it's not ok to have two warp core engineers with completely different abilities? Like I said, makes no sense at all.

That's because even with the ones that can have 3 of a DOFF type active, their benefits just bring them in line with those singled ones. Look at the effects of Warp Core Engineer DOFFs.

Those are some very strong effects for a single DOFF type. Debuff cleanse? MORE Subsystem Power? And being able to slot multiples to have all that running at the same time? No way, too much Power Creep.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    please be a little more specific..........​​

He wants to be able to set multiple Warp Core Engineer DOFFs active. Currently, WCE DOFFs are one of those types that only allow 1 WCE to be active.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Because some of those abilities are pretty significant. Just like many things, you have to choose. Not "Choose and have everything."
    But I wantz to haz it allz!
  • Options
    vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Problem is that if you allow 2 WC Eng slots, it allows you to double up on any one type. The game doesn't currently have a setting for 'Can slot more than 1 DOff but only if they have different power types'.
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User

That's because even with the ones that can have 3 of a DOFF type active, their benefits just bring them in line with those singled ones. Look at the effects of Warp Core Engineer DOFFs.

Those are some very strong effects for a single DOFF type. Debuff cleanse? MORE Subsystem Power? And being able to slot multiples to have all that running at the same time? No way, too much Power Creep.

Yeah I don't think 2 WCE's are the problem with Power Creep......