test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should they add reputation/lockbox omni-arrays?

shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
Reputations recieve 1 reputation project, to purchase a single omni-array of matching energy type, while lockboxes offer a chance to obtain 1 omni-array of matching energy type.
tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Should they add reputation/lockbox omni-arrays? 20 votes

Yes
80% 16 votes
No
0% 0 votes
Maybe
10% 2 votes
Other
10% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    YES! yes a thousand times yes!
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    This would probably make quite a lot of people happy, and would offer a means of obtaining them outside of the basic flavor crafting system, and Cryptic can still add unique set omni-arrays in game!

Some dilithium will be spent, some marks will be spent, possibly EC spent, etc., not to mention keys are already used for boxes, why not add this addition as well, it's not like it won't work towards sales on the exchange as well!!!

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    YES!!

Having matching sub-types like bio- phaser/disruptor, Romulan plasma, radiant AP, etc. would be ideal since then the proc and beam color fully match.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I'm not so sure. People already complain about BFAW builds with 8 beam arrays. It's easy if your ship turns well and can broadside easily. Now imagine if you have 8 omni-arrays and don't need to turn at all. Every dreadnought in the game could just sit in place and BFAW without having to bother with broadsiding.

As long as we all understand the consequences of this action, I would be happy to BFAW with 8 omni arrays, sure.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I would also just like the regular type if i dont run a ship of rep type weapons.
  • Options
    I'm not so sure. People already complain about BFAW builds with 8 beam arrays. It's easy if your ship turns well and can broadside easily. Now imagine if you have 8 omni-arrays and don't need to turn at all. Every dreadnought in the game could just sit in place and BFAW without having to bother with broadsiding.

As long as we all understand the consequences of this action, I would be happy to BFAW with 8 omni arrays, sure.

Yes, they would have to create a limitation to them, that only 1 reputation/lockbox omni + 1 crafted omni would be able to be equipped any any given moment!

That, or the max of 1 reputation/lockbox + 1 FE omni + 1 crafted!!!

Take your pick.

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would love this either in a stand point of getting it thru a rep project that gives you the oni directional, or if they want make it give you a crafting reagent you can use when crafting or upgrading an existing array or omni into the rep varient, but like anythign else it should be limited to one of them on your ship of that type from the rep. Also limit it to being two omni's peroid can be equipped on your ship at one time, so one rep/crafting omni an one episode omni. Adding this would allow those that like rep sets but hate the idea of mis-matching an using a more dual beam bank cannon styled set up an option. As you would have the two omnis and the cutting beam for the back leaving open a space for either a turret or a mine launcher, while up front you can do a full dual beam bank or beam bank with a torp set up, which would lead to looking better on some of the ships that look like they would have more forward oriented emmiter set ups. It would give just more options for people to outfit thier ship that are not to enthralled with trying to min-max.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It bothers me a little to have any mis-matched beams so in my perfect would I could have up to 4 omnis depending on the ship.

What about making them only work in aft slots like mines, but no other limit? You can't have 8 of them but 4 is fine. Also, the [ Arc ] could cost you another mod, so a Rom Plas 360 would only have 1 other mod at VR -- Arc CtrD not CrtD x2.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I would love to see variants of the Ancient Omni beam, as well as Reputation variants of normal Omni beams.
    Right now the balance is heavily skewed in favor of antiproton over everything else and letting all the other energy types have their own "ancient" variant would go some ways to leveling the playing field.
    Either that or block ships from both slotting ancient Antiproton and a standard antiproton Omni-beam.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    It bothers me a little to have any mis-matched beams so in my perfect would I could have up to 4 omnis depending on the ship.

What about making them only work in aft slots like mines, but no other limit? You can't have 8 of them but 4 is fine. Also, the [ Arc ] could cost you another mod, so a Rom Plas 360 would only have 1 other mod at VR -- Arc CtrD not CrtD x2.

Most likely, they would be limited by 2 mods @ VR for reputation weapons, while lockbox is dependant upon their own limitations of 2-3 mods!

Giving us a possible combination as follows, for reputation omni arrays.

[Acc] [Arc]
    [Arc] [Dmg]
    [Arc] [Crtd]
    [Arc] [Crth]