test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We need something, something special

The bells and whistles of starships today just don't cut it. I think each ship deserves something added to it thats unique. The same way romulans have battle cloak, I know, I know. The feds and Klingons have a few extra hp here and there. Whoopie. Insult if you ask me. Each ship needs something in its design that makes you say. I want that. For example. The Gal-X. That ship in all rights should have a battle cloak. IF the romulans dreadnaught has a battle cloak I think a Federation dreadnaught from the future sure as hell should. Thats just the beginning. All ships that have these 3 consoles equiped to get X abilitys should have that abilitys from the get go. I know theres going to be doubters. There always is but I think from your prospective your thinking, That would make that ship too OP and it would mess up balance. (WF balance BTW). Well what about the ship you fly. What kick TRIBBLE abilitys would it get. Im just saying. Starships in general are not all on a equal playing field. Its good to try and balance them as much as possible but now since pvp is DEAD. WTF does it matter. I mean really. I don't think we should waste all of our console slots to slot an ability that only looks pretty when used. Things need to change.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Cryptic makes money selling bundles and multiple tiers of ships to get the console sets so there's no way they'll build in the consoles. But what about ships having an extra 4 slots that can only be used for these console sets? Cryptic still makes money but people no longer ignore the consoles because using them cripples the almighty DPS.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Cryptic makes money selling bundles and multiple tiers of ships to get the console sets so there's no way they'll build in the consoles. But what about ships having an extra 4 slots that can only be used for these console sets? Cryptic still makes money but people no longer ignore the consoles because using them cripples the almighty DPS.

I have found that using "special" consoles does nothing but ruin your dps and damage resistance. Most of the time its for a pretty light show that does meh dps. Alot of ppl slot them though because they give their ship there iconic ability. Just like the scimitar. The scimitar should be able to do its thalaron pulse without having 3 consoles equiped to do it. On top of that its meh dps. I mean in the movie (witch I know its a game) the thalaron pulse was a planet killer. There just has to be someway around this mechanic in the game.

P.S. When using all 3 consoles it basically sets your T6 ship back to a T4 (in regard to the console layout). It a handicap.