test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty System bug : All Ships aren't showing up

gt86gt86 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Only ships from T5 and Higher are showing up in the Admiralty System and mainly Very Rare and Ultra Rare ships. No T1 to T4 ships are showing up for use. We were told that we would be able to use all ships we have owned even if they were decommissioned, this is straight from the article explaining the Admiralty System.

"The roster of Admiralty Ships at your disposal is comprised of all starship classes that you currently have access to. This includes all commissioned starships, and you will retain access to Admiralty Ships for starships that you dismiss from your active roster. It does not include starships still inside Reward Packs, or those not yet claimed."

So can you please make our T1-T4 ships available for use please.

Comments

• djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    have you made sure that T1-T4 have ticks next to them in the pull-down Tabas that may be the problem as all my ships showed up after i did that
    The True King In The North
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    do you still own t1-t4 ships? it says "currently have access to", and the dismissal part is only about ships you dismiss after admirality system is added. not stuff dismissed before. the game never kept track of what ships you owned.

this means, any ships you owned before but discarded don't count, you'll have to re-buy them again. only what you currently have in your shipyard will be converted into the ship tokens that are used for the admirality.

hope you have enough dilithium saved up, re-buying all the old t1-t5 stuff will probably cost you nearly half a million dil, or much more if you decide to go with every free ship.

if cryptic was nice enough they'd offer every character 1 free ship token per tier they're missing so we could re-get our old free ships to add some extra stuff to the admirality system, but yeah. don't hold your breath.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • gt86gt86 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    yes they are ticked Yeah I decommissioned all my T1-T4 ships long time ago that I got from leveling up or Zen store.
    then you're in the same boat as most of us. we're not getting these ships unless cryptic allows us to get them again by issuing tokens for ship tiers we're missing.​​
  • gt86gt86 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    But they say this about decommissioned ships ou will retain access to Admiralty Ships for starships that you dismiss from your active roster
    yeah, but that doesn't say if the stuff deleted before this system will still work. i understood it as from that point on even if you delete a ship, you won't lose the token, but to get the token you need to have the ship in your inventory. the game doesn't seem to store what ships people owned in the past.​​
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    arrmateys wrote: »
    yeah, but that doesn't say if the stuff deleted before this system will still work. i understood it as from that point on even if you delete a ship, you won't lose the token, but to get the token you need to have the ship in your inventory. the game doesn't seem to store what ships people owned in the past.​​

That's correct. In order to get cards for the ships you don't currently have in a slot, you currently need to reclaim them from the store (Ship Store, Event Store, etc) and then open the admiralty window. You can then re-delete the ship and repeat with another. Of course, this means you can't claim much on Tribble.

Borticus made it clear that he's working on improving this, but for the time being that's how it works.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    If you read the quote a little better... (Gotta love Cryptic being - Cryptic...)
    gt86 wrote: »
    "The roster of Admiralty Ships at your disposal is comprised of all starship classes that you currently have access to. This includes all commissioned starships,

Highlighted the one critical word for emphasis. System will only start with what's in your ship roster on the launch of New Dawn / the moment you hit L52...
    gt86 wrote: »
    and you will retain access to Admiralty Ships for starships that you dismiss from your active roster. It does not include starships still inside Reward Packs, or those not yet claimed."

So can you please make our T1-T4 ships available for use please.

Which is the bit about "once you own the ship card, you can dispose of the ship and never have to worry about it again".

Now, before the fires really start to erupt, let me toss this out to be considered:

While many have elected to "toss" their levelling ships, collecting a full roster of "useful at endgame" ships, others of us have elected to save any "irreplaceable" ship, whether it was our "levelling" ships, until-recently all the event ships, and the still "nigh-irreplaceable due to astronomical cost" lockbox / lobi / fleet ships.

This "saving" has, in effect, caused us to tie up "vital in game resources" with these "lesser tiered ships", in the eventuality that the lower tiered ships may have some use - official "lower tiered" ship zones, the oft proposed, promised, and now delivered Admiralty system (though for most of the history it was also tied to letting BOffs use them, whatnot - often times leading to "workarounds" like stripping / dismissing / reclaiming C-store ships left and right, or the actual financial investment into ship slots to maintain both the rosters of "irreplaceable" ships and still have room to use some of the C-store options we've bought...

So, if you're going to come in and ask for some "reward" because you've "made a bad / uninformed decision and maximized your in-game resources", those of us who have made... other selections... and kept the lower tiered ships deserve some sort of "reward" as well - for having the foresight (or stubborn obsessiveness) to have kept these "resources" tied up in lesser-tiered starships...

Your proposals, please?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]