test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Thread 2.0

catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
Wiping the slate clean for a new look; rants, reviews and daily logs. All for entertainment purposes so dont flip your wig, theres a button on the top of the page should you find something in here u dont like, its labeled (Ten Forward) dont feel shy to use it!

since its an STO forum, lets pick on them first. ok ive already had my rant about no exploring after they promised it in releases, so thats already outta my system. But the restoration efforts, lets rebuild and resupply....by, what was it? Yeah, continuing the war outside the main storyline, brilliant. What every soldier wants to hear, "hey you survived, so we signed u up for mercenary work....to go back out and fight the enemy we just beat...again!"

star_trek_online_poster_by_adventure_cat-d8vtmtx.jpg

The Xp unlock is nice, but just coming from a grind of patrols, and grinding out my personal tiers, oh goody lets jump right back into more earning and grinding, and grinding and earning....then when we finish let watch the progress bar to see how much we sweat it out today (do i get a timecard?). Oh wow what a shock, it doesnt move! You begin to wonder what the flux capacitor is going on here, how much do i need to grind to make that (censored) bar move?!! So i logout, because i dont sit on my tail all day. I log back in later that night and see the sliders moved to the halfway point, ok, half way through the first tier of the grind-o-meter. Just the first tier, i only have a week, to complete a tier system, i dont even know how many there are, does it scale like the other personal tiers, to et the full benefit of the bonuses will i have to eat sleep and breath the game?
tumblr_lho3i038Bk1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

After Rant:
I started a vulcan science officer, plan to make it into a healer. I started with the TOS theme, now im up to TWOK theme, and plan to do every uniform style (not including sierra) until i get to Odyessy. It was a good look, they really did a good job on that uniform style. I look forward to endgame in it with my new vulcan. Ok so heres the plan, naturally one buff, Meta-whatever the-zine, a direct heal power, the one that removes debuffs and toxins, then the nanite health one. Using this i can stay near a bunker and heal, buff and revive team mates during missions. For space I figure 2 security powers for removing boarding parties, 2 science teams for healing shields and removing viruses, 2 hazard teams for a small hull heal and fire removal, then 2 engineer teams for hull heals, if an are left ill add extend shields for that extra support. ill test it when im done leveling and see if it works. until then see u next rant!

Comments

• Options
    Am i the only one who has never given this a second thought?
    15%2B-%2B1.jpg

• Options
    560eb4fa1400002900bfbf9f.jpeg
    Acclaimed scientist says it may be disastrous to reach out and touch aliens.

Is Stephen Hawking having trouble settling on whether we should try to make contact with extraterrestrial life?

The celebrated physicist -- whose life was the subject of the 2014 Oscar-winning movie, "The Theory of Everything" -- has long warned of the dangers of letting aliens know we're here.

In a recent interview with the Spanish news site El Pais, Hawking once again addressed the topic of why we shouldn't try to contact aliens.

"If aliens visit us, the outcome could be much like when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said. "Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach."

But if Hawking, arguably the world's most famous scientist, doesn't sound like someone who wants to reach out and touch ET, he's not against the idea of trying to prove extraterrestrials are out there.

In July, Hawking joined forces with Russian tech billionaire Yuri Milner to launch a 10-year, $100-million hunt to find intelligent life outside of Earth. It's called Breakthrough Initiatives, and has two main components.

Breakthrough Listen will use two of the world's largest and most powerful telescopes to gather huge amounts of data from the nearest million stars in the Milky Way galaxy. Breakthrough Message will involve a funded international competition to collect potential messages that in the future may be beamed into the cosmos in an attempt to communicate with aliens. There isn't yet a full commitment to transmit messages to a potential alien civilization.

This raises an interesting question: Since Hawking has voiced concerns about letting ET know who and where we are, why has he aligned himself with this attempt to prove the existence of alien life -- an attempt that might result in revealing our presence to the galactic neighborhood?

Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made.

...do you agree with him?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    0828159001437749673_filepicker.jpg
    Accused of saying that infamous word, the one accusers use to destroy lives. I think the ones who use this as a reason to character assassinate are the evil ones in this, they most likely say it or something similar 10 times a day. I get called a furry in the same light as a gesture of slander and no one cares, I'm not even one but despite the TOS used to attack me and others no one stands up for me or them, just like Hulk Hogan here, hes just another victim of a psychopathic culture, out to find the next victim to blame in their P.C. spider web. I feel bad for him, he didnt deserve this. The people who point the finger always have 3 more point back at them! I think this was added to our social order to accommodate chaotic-evil people, because lawful-evil sounds less negative, since P.C. is designed to follow the wind, and it shifts so often to accommodate the chaos of the ones who enforce it like task master. Until we can overcome this evil, there will never be any hope of eliminating fear and oppression in our society if hateful people can get away with calling you hateful.
    o_brother_pardoned-176.jpg
    ^in the old days, people knew how to deal with finger pointers trying to disrupt society!

Edit: The moral of this story (and no, moral isnt a bad word!) is there is no justifiable way to strip a person of their ability to express themselves, or talk loosely since we all do it. I myself mock openly dirty RPers who broadcast the chat in zones. I think they should conceal it, but what they do away from others isnt my concern, your just fair game to my comments if its in my face when i pass by. The same crippling rules can also be used against you too, how can you condemn someone of what we all do anyways?! Heres what Star Trek says on it...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smdqe2eluEI
    Post edited by catstarsto on
  • Options
    Poptarts!

What in the world? This is a cookie filled with sugary sludge, not a breakfast!
    we-ate-and-ranked-all-27-pop-tart-flavors..jpg
    This is why kids have no energy and lazy around all the time, instead of eating a breakfast with the 4 food groups, they load up on sugar and then crash.

Huffington Post:
    According to The Chicago Tribune, Post Co.'s pet-food division developed dog food called Gaines Burgers, "a novel concept because the dog food was semi-moist but didn't have to be refrigerated -- a convenience many humans coincidentally sought in their breakfast food." Post (not Kellogg's, but more on that below) took this innovative technology and put it towards "a fruit-filled pastry that could be shipped and stored without having to be refrigerated."
    https://youtu.be/H999RnV2-VQ?t=1m16s

• Options
    ive mentioned Alignments, some of u probably never played tabletop AD&D, so heres the definitions of each alignment...

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished.
    Supermans_classic_pose.png

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them.
    4677694-0062994122-14376.jpg

A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society.
    Malcolm-Reynolds-malcolm-reynolds-26243903-2071-2560.jpg

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government.
    patrick-stewart.jpg

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil-after all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way.
    2010-05-03_Deja_Q.jpg

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it.
    sideshow_collectibles__snake_plissken_by_fabianmonk-d8ou60k.jpg

A lawful evil villain methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard for whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He plays by the rules but without mercy or compassion. He is comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but is willing to serve. He condemns others not according to their actions but according to race, religion, homeland, or social rank. He is loath to break laws or promises.
    LokiThorTheDarkWorld.jpg

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn't have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has.
    tumblr_inline_npotybusdu1rwopi4_500.jpg

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together only by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him.
    3566374-8267470449-volca.jpg