test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc Closed Tuesday the 13th

I just got this email.

This email is to notify you that all of our PC games and the Arc platform will be offline for an extended period of time on October 13th, 2015 in order to implement critical network improvements. We estimate that the downtime will be between 6AM PDT to 7PM PDT.

What do you think - to fix the recent cyberattack vulnerability? Or upgrades? Something else?
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Comments

• kylercakylerca Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    When a company says "critical" network improvements, I tend to believe that always translates to "HUGE SECURITY ISSUE WE NEED TO FIX NOW!", but I could be wrong. I do hope I'm wrong, but you never know.

I'm glad they are vague about it though, we don't want people getting any ideas before the 13th, you know?
    Say NO to team Omega.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Players have been complaining about rubber banding and lag. Perhaps this outage will address this.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    kylerca wrote: »
    When a company says "critical" network improvements, I tend to believe that always translates to "HUGE SECURITY ISSUE WE NEED TO FIX NOW!", but I could be wrong. I do hope I'm wrong, but you never know.

I'm glad they are vague about it though, we don't want people getting any ideas before the 13th, you know?

Can't be too big if they can wait a full week to implement them. :expressionless:
    Probably some additional buffers to deal with ddos and such. Hopefully the changes also reduce the resource drain from arc.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy Thoughts? What's this?
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Will this fix the lag?
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    13 hours to install a new hamster, ????? maybe they got to train it as well.....
    well, they do got to build protection for the hamster for when Trendy runs out of bacon...
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    I just got this email.

This email is to notify you that all of our PC games and the Arc platform will be offline for an extended period of time on October 13th, 2015 in order to implement critical network improvements. We estimate that the downtime will be between 6AM PDT to 7PM PDT.

What do you think - to fix the recent cyberattack vulnerability? Or upgrades? Something else?

Didn't get any Email from PWE or Cryptic. If they were going to work on Arc, you think there would be something official on the website or the forum.

• gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    I got the e-mail, also my son got it, new hamsters?, gennetically modified 8 legged hamsters?... anyway, if its for the better, good!
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Mega facepalm.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Mega facepalm.

this had better help :persevere:

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    RIP STO. Dead...for a day or so at least. I'll expect to see all sorts of shiptoasting goodness on the 13th then.​​
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    We'll past few days we have had the game freeze up changing maps. Hopefully this will fix it, but I'd as soon see them take it town tomorrow than wait a week
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    My thoughts?
    WELP, LOOKS LIKE THEY SENT OUT THAT EMAIL A LITTLE EARLIER.

Yes it's true.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Vulnerability? I thought it was a denial of service attack.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    Ok so what is this for?!?!?!?!?

I would very much like to know what this is for and if there is any thing we need to be worried about?!

is this S11 or is this something else?!​​
    JtaDmwW.png
    My thoughts?

Yes it's true.

Thank you oh high admin of the forums... here's some bacon.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    My thoughts?

Yes it's true.
    Yeah I normally get them after its happened,,lol,,,:)
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Meanwhile at Cryptic Studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ZBxkWBvK4
    nerf.jpg]