test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need new Fleet Marks dump

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
I'm in a large-ish fleet, so finding a FM queue that's not filled is hard. (The only way I really get FMs is the CXP to FMs doff missions. I don't go looking to farm FMs.) Even w/ the armada thing (we have 7 member fleets) there's rarely a FM queue that's not filled. Across my 7 toons, I have around 323,000 fleet marks. I like my Fleet and don't want to leave it.

One time I left it to donate/sell to someone, one fleet leader said 'sure, just give the fleet 10% of the payment' but then another said 'no you can't come back' when I actually left and tried to get back in. Of course, the 1st fleet leader guy wasn't on at that time and it all got a bit rough but we worked it out eventually. That's not really Cryptic's problem but I thought I'd include some backstory to my post.

I know Cryptic made up a 2k FM dump mission, but it gives less credits, which sucks. But even if I felt like taking less Credits for my FMs, which I don't, I could fill over 161 of those missions all by myself!

What there needs to be is a full credit huge FM dump mission or some sort of FM <> EC Exchange so people don't have to bail from their fleet to dump excess FMs for the needy fleets that don't want to join someone's armada.

Cause right now the armada system just means it takes me 7 times longer to see that every project is already full of FMs. And we all know that no other project donations gets close to the Fleet Credit generation ability. I once bought 10,000 Industrial Replicators for our R&D project and got a piddly amount of FMs. No one wants to donate other things. And Dilithium is very undervalued too. They should be on par w/ FMs, imo.

Ok that's my whiny rant for the month week day! ;)

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I'm in a large-ish fleet, so finding a FM queue that's not filled is hard. (The only way I really get FMs is the CXP to FMs doff missions. I don't go looking to farm FMs.) Even w/ the armada thing (we have 7 member fleets) there's rarely a FM queue that's not filled. Across my 7 toons, I have around 323,000 fleet marks. I like my Fleet and don't want to leave it.

One time I left it to donate/sell to someone, one fleet leader said 'sure, just give the fleet 10% of the payment' but then another said 'no you can't come back' when I actually left and tried to get back in. Of course, the 1st fleet leader guy wasn't on at that time and it all got a bit rough but we worked it out eventually. That's not really Cryptic's problem but I thought I'd include some backstory to my post.
    Why do you like your fleet if its controlled by jerks?
    I know Cryptic made up a 2k FM dump mission, but it gives less credits, which sucks. But even if I felt like taking less Credits for my FMs, which I don't, I could fill over 161 of those missions all by myself!

What there needs to be is a full credit huge FM dump mission or some sort of FM <> EC Exchange so people don't have to bail from their fleet to dump excess FMs for the needy fleets that don't want to join someone's armada.
    No, what sucks is that fleet marks give 50 credits/mark in the first place. This is a relic from season 6, when FMs were actually hard to come by. The fair value now would maybe be around 10-15. 25 credits/mark for a do-absolutely-nothing-useful project is way too much.

There could be a FM to dil ore conversion like there is for all other marks, though.
    Cause right now the armada system just means it takes me 7 times longer to see that every project is already full of FMs. And we all know that no other project donations gets close to the Fleet Credit generation ability. I once bought 10,000 Industrial Replicators for our R&D project and got a piddly amount of FMs. No one wants to donate other things. And Dilithium is very undervalued too. They should be on par w/ FMs, imo.
    The armada system's interface could be better. And yes, dilithium is very undervalued. Like fleet marks, the value of 1 was set in S6, back when fleet holdings were just about the only place you could use it on. The fleet credit values are way overdue for an update.
  • Options
    margorfarmingmargorfarming Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Being in a small fleet leaves us with exactly the opposite problem. Our projects fill up on everything excelt FMs which rhen can lag on for days or even a week as one or two members grind them out and the others just "dont feel like grinding"
  • Options
    sevenschasersevenschaser Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    ... Even w/ the armada thing (we have 7 member fleets) there's rarely a FM queue that's not filled. Across my 7 toons, I have around 323,000 fleet marks. I like my Fleet and don't want to leave it.
    ... I know Cryptic made up a 2k FM dump mission, but it gives less credits, which sucks. But even if I felt like taking less Credits for my FMs, which I don't, I could fill over 161 of those missions all by myself! ...

If your still around our fleet could definitely use those fleet marks! The Armada my fleet is in doesn't have that many fleets but more concerning is the Alpha fleet typically uses that 2k FM dump mission way too much IMO, especially since the Beta and Gamma fleets need FMs. Our fleet is very small and I have been dumping a lot in so if possible we could almost support daily kicking off a set of starbase and research projects every day.

I thought about suggesting our fleet search for a new Armada to get fleet marks (I know its selfish since I want to get the fleet to full T5 first before helping the other fleets much since I don't know when help will come from our Alpha fleet).
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Don't forget that some of the holding upgrades need insane amounts of those holding unique provisions. T3 Research Lab needed over 5000 of them if I remember correctly, at a total cost of 2.5M FC. If you let other people donate fleetmarks you will get a hard time trying to make up those FC you need to buy those provisions.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    chaosnexus#5539 chaosnexus Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    The MACO Elite Force is currently looking for active members. Check us out at macoeliteforce.enjin.com or message me at @epicninja2
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    Don't forget that some of the holding upgrades need insane amounts of those holding unique provisions. T3 Research Lab needed over 5000 of them if I remember correctly, at a total cost of 2.5M FC. If you let other people donate fleetmarks you will get a hard time trying to make up those FC you need to buy those provisions.

Being in an Armada with 13 fleets, this month I was able max out my 9 Fed toons with 90 million Fleet credits. (10 mil each).
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator