test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: October - Submit Yours Now!

jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
edited November 2015 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Hi fellow Captains,

October has dropped on us. The Iconian War may be over, but our duty never ends. Which means it's time for a new theme for our Monthly Screenshot Contest.

And since Captain Jan is not fond of irrelevant discourses either, without further delay, here is your theme for October:

October's Theme: "For The Empire - On Duty"

It is a good day month to honor our Klingon warriors and their allies. I want to see your Klingon (KDF-faction character, not limited to Klingons, of course), or otherwise with KDF allied characters in action. There's no limit as to how you will express that - It can be the ships, your characters, as you go through the missions, and play the content.

Again, Photoshop alterations and other creative means, such as Demo Record Tool are encouraged, but remember, it has to be your work and no usage of 3rd-party content.

To summarize:

• Post a screenshot/picture of your KDF character/ship, as you run through any content of your choice.
  • KDF-Allied Romulan characters/ships welcome.
  • Try to be a little creative; pick good shots from your space/ground missions!
  • Tools like Photoshop or taking screenshots from Demorecord Tool, from the demos you recorded are perfectly within rules!
  • Only one entry per one user.
  • Entering the contest with more than one account, to bypass the "one entry per user" rule WILL get you disqualified.
  • Have fun!

I expect you to do your best on your missions and share some of the glorious moments with me and the rest of the community team, through the screenshot contest, Warriors.

PRIZES:

1st Prize = 1500 ZEN + Your screenshot gets made into an Official STO Wallpaper!

2nd Prize = 1000 ZEN

3rd Prize = 500 ZEN

FEW RULES:
  • All images must be at least 1920x1080 for submission. Or larger.
  • One entry per month per author. You can re-entry next month if you don't win.
  • Images not meeting the size-requirement will not qualify for the grand- prize of being converted into a wallpaper!
  • All images must be submitted in JPEG form. If you add any graphic elements to your picture, make sure you do keep the .PSD file, in case you win!
  • Adding custom flavor to your image is encouraged! (Ie. editing in Photoshop)
  • Absolute must - All images must be purely made by using Star Trek Online visual assets. Don't use any TV series/movies pictures!
  • No usage of third-party 3D models. As above. Your entries must be done purely by using STO visual assets and/or your creativity. (Photoshop editing - it HAS to be your work)

A LITTLE HOW TO:

All entries must be at least 1920x1080. There are few ways how to get a good picture.
  • Type "/renderscale 2" (or larger number, but needs stronger computer/GPU) into your chat window before you take the image.
  • Type "/screenshot" to take image.
  • This will create a large .TGA file in the directory, which you can convert in Photoshop, to fit the required size.
  • Additionally, you can edit your screenshot, to add custom perks to it, you deem fit! The only rule here is, again, and this is emphasised - it must be your work!
  • You can find your screenshot folder in "\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots" - that being a rule of thumb on most computers

Good luck to everyone who enters, looking forward to seeing your entries, Warriors! Qapla'!

~Captain Jan
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
"bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
"Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Post edited by jodarkrider on

Comments

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    I know I'll get disqualified since I'll add more than one image.
    But to at least get this started, I dug deep in my vault:
    Raid and pillage and kill any opposition!
    screenshot_2012_11_17_23_52_28.jpg
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    screenshot_2012_11_18_00_12_58.jpg
    Look at all this beauty.
    screenshot_2012_12_27_05_41_56.jpg
    Damn Klingons and their work morale! Anyone working in this dock?!
    screenshot_2013_06_03_03_40_03.jpg
    Even from up here, it's a sorry place...
    screenshot_2015_04_05_00_07_38.jpg
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Nausicaan boarding party.... "Now Captain, tell us everything...."

nausicaan-d938.jpg
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    warlicker84warlicker84 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    5PCfTLf.jpg
    Here is Taloon on the bridge.
  • Options
    elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Space%20Grease%20Spot%20II.jpg

The Space Grease Spot :)

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • Options
    notimefortacosnotimefortacos Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Can we submit pics of Klingon FED captains, or is it faction-specific?
  • Options
    Can we submit pics of Klingon FED captains, or is it faction-specific?
    Nope, only KDF this month. You'll have your chances again, at a later time! :)

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    goddard22goddard22 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Still my favorite KDF ship

UPawGoy.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    My entry for this month!

A timeless classic, called "There is nowhere to run"

October%20entry_zpsw0zeurp5.jpg
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    starfleetb1#9233 starfleetb1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    OK guys, i must go public with this as @pwlaughingtrendy is ignoring me totally.

I have won 2nd place on august screenshot contest and after the announcement of winners i waited for some time till i send a msg. to @pwlaughingtrendy on her arc wall...she answered me that she take care of it and that i should have it...but i still did not have it, so she done something and there was 1000 ZEN in my history ( http://i.imgur.com/2muNG5g.png ) but no way to transfer it to the game...so i told here that and she again told me that i should have a blue button to transfer the zen in game, but i do not have it, so i send here a msg. again that i do not have it and this S.S. that is showing that: http://i.imgur.com/AH4ABjA.png and from that time on there is no msg, from here...she is writing to other peoples msgs but not my.
    Last msg. i have received was on September 24, and yea i have try to contact her on reddit but without luck.

They probably try to do something but it still did not work...cuz now in my history there is no zen, but 10$...that i again cant use.
    http://i.imgur.com/CEefUfv.png

So yea i now do not know where is the problem...dose pwe/cryptic do not know how to solve this, in this case she should contact me and say so, or dose someone do not do the job that should do.

LLAP.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    OK guys, i must go public with this as @pwlaughingtrendy is ignoring me totally.

I have won 2nd place on august screenshot contest and after the announcement of winners i waited for some time till i send a msg. to @pwlaughingtrendy on her arc wall...she answered me that she take care of it and that i should have it...but i still did not have it, so she done something and there was 1000 ZEN in my history ( http://i.imgur.com/2muNG5g.png ) but no way to transfer it to the game...so i told here that and she again told me that i should have a blue button to transfer the zen in game, but i do not have it, so i send here a msg. again that i do not have it and this S.S. that is showing that: http://i.imgur.com/AH4ABjA.png and from that time on there is no msg, from here...she is writing to other peoples msgs but not my.
    Last msg. i have received was on September 24, and yea i have try to contact her on reddit but without luck.

They probably try to do something but it still did not work...cuz now in my history there is no zen, but 10$...that i again cant use.
    http://i.imgur.com/CEefUfv.png

So yea i now do not know where is the problem...dose pwe/cryptic do not know how to solve this, in this case she should contact me and say so, or dose someone do not do the job that should do.

LLAP.
    Actually, I literally just went in and did it for you since it was there..
  • Options
    Got it, tnx.
  • Options
    My entrance:
    ESBMY2F.jpg
    8K res.: http://i.imgur.com/NYQfOyE.jpg
  • Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Awww... I know this doesn't qualify, but I didn't know (yesterday, when I took the screen shot) that it didn't take full size monitor screen shots. :s:'( Still, I love the shot, and doubt I could replicate it very easily, so I will post anyway. Maybe I might vie for Honorable Mention.

So, this is my Reman-KDF toon running around the Dyson Sphere trying to help out with the cause.

PrNfiJy.jpg

Risian Corvettes ROCK!!! The Speed Tankers dream.
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    My entry for this month!

Nice. This gets my vote.
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    Keep these pictures coming. Today is a good day to post! :*

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    idashla wrote: »
    My entry for this month!

Nice. This gets my vote.

TYVM, I appreciate the comment!
    B)
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    This is from the ending of my "Battle of the Klach D'Kel Brakt" Foundry mission. (Almost complete).

Klingon-SS-Contest_zpsagt1a2iw.jpg

FYI: That is B'vat on the far left. And that is Kor at the head of the table.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    You cannot escape the Klingon Defense Force!

rCddxlV.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    vanguard#5881 vanguard Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    My KDF in Archer.

AAD10uPA-kfMV7hzwtieNwdAa
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    I'd recommend to upload your screenshot on imgur, that way you can have it directly in the post too. :)

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    IKS Vor'dag - On patrol

Vordag.jpg
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    Hi, @goodscotch.

Thank you for posting, but - Please just one submission per month, per user. Also aim to have your entries with size of 1920x1080 or higher, as in case you'd win, that's the minimum size required, to be made into a wallpaper. :)

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Hi, @goodscotch.

Thank you for posting, but - Please just one submission per month, per user. Also aim to have your entries with size of 1920x1080 or higher, as in case you'd win, that's the minimum size required, to be made into a wallpaper. :)

I kept one and removed the rest and also changed the size to 1920x1080.

Thanks!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    I'd recommend to upload your screenshot on imgur, that way you can have it directly in the post too. :)

Thank you I will try. :)
  • Options
    My Kling visiting Archer.

H8doUfm.jpg
  • Options
    @vanguard & @goodscotch - Awesome. Thank you for your submissions! :*

• Options
    zlimer101zlimer101 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Not my best work. Don't really play klingon.
    puyuUhT.jpg?1

Post edited by zlimer101 on
  • Options
    @zlimer101 - Thank you for entering, but can you please just pick one? It's one entry per one user, per month. Thank you!

• Options
    @vanguard & @goodscotch - Awesome. Thank you for your submissions! :*

Your welcome. Thank you for the helping hand. :)

This discussion has been closed.