test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

people pretending to be someone else offline

so say you see person A claiming to be a hater of trolls, then logging on an alt account B, C, D, etc to argue with himself and call himself names just to stir up arguments and strife, old trick but yes it does work

I do not see how anyone at cryptic can know that and think of it as a good idea or something that shouldn't be acted on with a locked muted account if at all able to track the IP, making it so only 1 account can chat after verification not 10 of his own gmail fakie emails and alternate accounts. instead of trying to enhance your public face on the interwebs maybe take a little time trendy or whomever knows how to handle internet trolls better than the current PWE staff, to clean up chat channels from the angsty edgy types and people that get a rise from bullying others!

Comments

• Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    People clearly have too much time on their hands....

The chat itself is a lost cause now. Best to just keep it turned off and your set.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I rarely ever turn Zone chat on, and when I do I remember why I turned it off in the first place.

I mostly hang out in NoP Public Service and RedditChat. I'm usually not annoyed by any of the conversation there.
  • Options
    gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    yes I should say zone chat is the number 1 problem but you and I both know the trolls do not stop with chat they enjoy spamming you with group invites fleet pvp challenge and gang up to talk about you on publicelitestf or nerd of prey chat channel so that you get outnumbered and kicked or silenced by people abusing the report button.. any normal troll can figure out a way to get to someone who has chat turned off with things like covershilds you got a whole STF blocked good luck getting it done, that was a classic troll trick
  • Options
    You can turn all those invites off in your social settings menu.
  • Options
    NoP Public Service and RedditChat
    the leaders of those groups are well known trolls you know even if you disagree its well known

• Options
    You can turn all those invites off in your social settings menu.

yes now you can but before it was glitched, per pwe and bug fixes they addressed that. maybe you missed the trolling during the winter event it was abused by dentals until cryptic added whitelisting to the /ignore function, and even after that you had to log out and back in for it to take hold. small bandaid, the wound continues to fester
  • Options
    I get along with everyone okay. I don't talk much though. I like the fact that I do occasionally see a channel mod kick someone or tell people to stay on-topic. Mods doing mod stuff isn't trolling.
  • Options
    think I confused you I meant more people in general just lying to manipulate and sure a channel mod can kick but you cant do that in open zonechat. rather than turn if off it would be nice to have a real professional at cryptic handling in game trolling and able to see that some idiots arguing about gorn jokes and drozana erp'ers are all from the same mac address same email same geographic location all that
  • Options
    here this is what I mean, something more along the lines of this guy pretending to be Saint Olivia to get items for free https://flickr.com/photos/129075086@N02/15765839527/in/dateposted-public/ and same person admitting to playing as a female for whatever reason freeofdental.blogspot.com/

maybe that is not going to get you banned but somehow seems wrong to lie about things of that nature over a video game for self gain or promotion
  • Options
    ah forgot the twitter one he posted too clearly showing he cares little for anyone that works on this game or pays to keep it running and it was more funny to egg on a hacker https://twitter.com/Nabreeki/status/644681449963044865

just the few things I can find on a quick notice but that is the idea is basically ppl being tools to cause drama
  • Options
    I looked at the links you provided. I'm not seeing what you're seeing. The flickr screenshot has people in NoP talking about Nbreeki. The Twitter post has more people talking about Nbreeki. It's not even bad, or funny, it's just casual talk. I'm not seeing the evil plot you think is afoot.

Now as for that blog, that blog is pretty damn funny.
  • Options
    You know, you seem like a decent person. I'll go out on a limb and assume you are not part of Starfleet <redacted fleet name> but you incorrectly interpreted the Twitter link provided, so I'll give you the time to re-read it. I was not the one who created that twitter link by the way, I was informed about it was posted on one of the DDoS threads that are now closed. As for the rest, sure, circumstantial. Add it up, and it seems less implausible but grows more and more likely, until you'd have to pretty much bury your head in a foot of sand to not see it. Also, have you ever trolled someone? It's fun right? Get a good giggle? There you go. Throw in a half dozen hiveminds or so and you got yourself a group that can catfish all day long safe behind their computers or at the very least claim some sort of legitimate function with the game while actually stealing from people (gornstrong admitting nabreeki was one of the many (or the one) st.Olivia self promoting sainthood giveaways for example). That's perfectly OK if you missed that drama, it was highly entertaining but regardless, it did happen.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm sure there are trolls in dental, but have you ever wondered that they might be picking on you because they get a rise out of you? If you don't feed into it, they will move on. It seems like you are going out of your way to hunt them down and accuse them of stuff, and that may be exactly what they want. Every screenshot you take, every twitter feed you read, every time you visit their blog... You are doing exactly what gives them the LOLs.

I've seen dentals in game, but I ignore them for the most part, and I've never been bothered by them.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    To the OP who called me out in particular, I actually don't have any specific in-game territory power (except the ability to teleport around). I'm not a GM. You should submit tickets for those types of things.
This discussion has been closed.