test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add Upgrade Tokens as PvE rewards?

Everybody can see the Queues are pretty much empty all the time, which is sad because a lot of them are actually really fun. There just doesn't seem to be a big enough incentive for most people to join in. Do you think the addition of Tech Upgrade Tokens would be a good incentive to get people back into the Queues? I know we can craft them or buy them from the exchange, but I mean they can add Ultra Rare or Epic quality Upgrades based on difficulty. Unique upgrades you can't make yourself and can only be found in the Queues could be a decent incentive IMO.

Comments

• Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Upgrades are already a not so uncommon loot in STFs, even for the normal difficulty setting. I've played an ISN with one of my alts today, and a superior upgrade did pop up. Yet, i don't think it's an incentive for people to play the STFs more (this is not what i see, at least).
    Furthermore, with the number of existing STfs, you'll have to set up strict limits on the number of upgrades that may be obtained each day as an automatic reward for the completion of the STF, or it will have a massive impact on STO's economy.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I've gotten a few superior tech upgrades as regular loot drops doing story episodes as well as winning a couple in a need/greed role in various PvE queued events that were loot drops.

Each advanced/elite PvE queued event will give a specific very rare crafting material, and was an attempt to encourage players to play different events to get the materials they want. Well it didn't work since there are other ways to get very rare materials.

So I don't think PvE queued events giving specific tech upgrades, or any upgrades for that matter, would do anything to make players want to do the events.

In fact, I don't think there's anything they can do to make players want to play the less popular events. Only a few are played on a regular basis.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    only thing I can honestly see that *might* draw people back to STFs is to change the dil reward into refined dil reward
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Offer a daily random, any-difficulty pve queue for a purple-quality, no-dilithium-cost universal upgrade kit and watch the queues suddenly fill up.

Edit: Hell, even a blue one would get my attention.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    Higher mark rewards for the iconian STFs would be nice. They take longer than the other STFs.

CCA was nice when you could get any type of marks from it during the special event. I got most of my iconian marks from that.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Higher mark rewards for the iconian STFs would be nice. They take longer than the other STFs.
    Except for maybe the ground mission. BotS is surprisingly quick as long as your teammates know how to click the devices when they pop up.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

CCA was nice when you could get any type of marks from it during the special event. I got most of my iconian marks from that.
    If Cryptic really wants people to do the other emtpy queues (which they don't), they need to stop handing out choice marks during crystalline, elachi weekend, and shuttle events. But of course, they don't want you playing the queues that you aren't playing. They want you to play the most current queues (and event queues) to show that their hard work is paying off to their higher ups.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Change nothing about the Public Queues. Leave them exactly as they are. As a monument to just how wrongly a game development team can misread a customer base.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.