test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ferasan Weapon Manufacturing Techniques

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
So I was pretty excited to see this assignment actually producing something that, at first, looked a bit worthwhile. But when I actually looked at the stats on the Bat'leth the assignment gives, I was disappointed. It gives a very rare Mk XII weapon with only TWO mods.

I compared the weapon to another Bat'leth I had of the same quality, with your standard three mods, and didn't notice anything that would indicate a third mod that's not listed in the title of the item, such as with hybrid weapons.

So either the rarity is off and should actually be rare, or the third mod is missing from a very rare quality item.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    yeah, this seems to be bugged. I think it started when they did the item revamp to make it so random drops are no longer old style items.

These just seem to be missing a mod. A green has none, and a blue has one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I hadn't noticed this particular issue, but it is surprising that in addition to making this doff assignment available, completing the 'Catian Diaspora' chain doesn't add the three relevant crafting options (bat'leth, lirpa, sword - with the last ideally having 'tegolar' and 'falchion' base models to choose from) to the Ground Weapons R&D school. After all, assignments for making lots of other things still can crop up despite their being covered by the various schools...
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    I'd guess that particular DOFF assignment qualifies as a "relic" and it just outdated and forgotten at that point.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    The items dropped from this mission tend to lack one 1 mod. This does need to be addressed since there are very few purple melee weapons dropping from the STFs.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Aparently the "Bug Team" finally heeded and confirmed my thread about this and submitted it to "Command". That was like over a month ago. But at least the Siamese cat eyes are bluer.
    T93uSC8.jpg