test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clarification on patch notes please.

I saw this, today, and it got me thinking...

The Store button will now always be available, allowing account-wide reclaim of Event Ships.

Does this mean, my other toons will have access to say the 2nd anniversary ships, that my main unlocked a long time ago, or is it that I can just dismiss the ship and reclaim it on the toons that have it.

Thanks guys.​​
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.

Comments

• Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The intention of the event ships as per the change this past summer is that once one character on an account has unlocked the ship, all other characters on the account can claim it for free, regardless of when they were created or if they participated in the corresponding event. However, the Event Store wasn't available to characters who hadn't done the initial participation mission to open the store, so if you were to create a new character while an event wasn't going on then there was no way to access the store. This patch changes it so the store is always available, thus allowing you to claim the ship without needing an event. You still need to have earned the ship at least once, but if you have then all characters on the account gain access to it.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    I think its only the ships that you earned through reputation. AKA Winter event ships, summer event ships, DSD and Kobali.
    Which is still pretty nice!​​
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    I'm glad to see they finally put this change in so it won't matter what time of the year it is when you make a new captain.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Right on men, still a good change all the same. I just didn't want to buy the odyssey pack yet, but I wanted to see if my engineer could make the old one fly. I like to kind of challenge myself in that way. Shoot, with power creep, I tend to find most of my T5-u and T-6 ships too easy at times.

Thanks.​​
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Shoot, sorry for the double post, but it also hit me. are we not due for a ship sale soon? or do I have my months bass akwards again?​​
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    So are these ships going to be available on the shipyard when you go to requisite them or they show up somewhere else for you to claim them?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy