test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Azure Nebula Rescue needs a QoL Facelift -- it is now an incredibly bad joke

https://flickr.com/photos/124844784@N05/21469863072/in/dateposted-public/

Just a reminder to STO Devs about how bad Azure Nebula plays with the current design and options. There is no need to wait on revisiting this mess. A real joke is when a team clears all the points without difficulty but still cannot get the 10-point requirement for an optional because all the ships are 1-point value and not enough generate within the allotted time for the optional reward. Please fix or just retire it for something better.

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    they need to "scale" for ships, rescue a ship as rank 1, then next ship popped as tier 2, and then 3, and then 4s and at last the 5th as last one.
    timed event were little rough, not everyone has good weapons or dps are too low.
    and the "random" wasnt helpful, sometimes these rank 1's repeat spawn over and over which made "failed"

yeah, i would support a revised set up.
    it better to remove 4th astroid and we could "cartwheel" from point 1 to next point easier to be able to meet timeframe better and repeat same cycles.
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    You are not supposed to kill the ships, you are supposed to lure them away with TBR / related.

The problem is that this is a horrible thought. You can't even kill the ships in a meaningful amount of time with a 30K DPS build. The DPS requirement for the advanced queue is way too high.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I've found that sometimes you just get bad luck and all the mission spawns is 1pt T'varo's, meaning with the cooldown between each spawn it's almost impossible to get the optionals.
    It needs to be revamped to at least give you a chance to get the optionals, regardless of whether you want to go sneaky or all out attack.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    The one change that is needed is a guaranteed possibility of getting your optional via "helping" the RNG when assigning new ships, so you do not only get the small dinghis. Apart from that, it is fine IMO.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries